BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new K67 has 1 connector for switched power at the rear. The front connector which I thought was the same as the older K46 is not constant power. It is a pulse for the infrared receiver. It doesn't work for power as it constantly goes on and off. This post has been edited.

The rear connector is a 2 pin.

You can buy this already done off eBay. It fits the RR. Same connector as 310.

If you would like to wire in a GPS power cradle harness then you can get the connector housings and pins here:

Rear connector

·
Registered
338 Posts
Im having a hard time ordering the plug for the rear. Do you have a link to order in the US? I want to use the rear plug for usb to charge my phone. What else is needed once i order the #7 rear plug?

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im having a hard time ordering the plug for the rear. Do you have a link to order in the US? I want to use the rear plug for usb to charge my phone. What else is needed once i order the #7 rear plug?
Yeah I rechecked it man. Seems it was not the one. It is very close. The plugs on the bike come with a blanking plug. You can order the blanking plug but it has no holes for pins I am pretty sure. It's just blank. The guy on eBay has a USB lead ready to go. I may actually get one of those. Easier.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah I rechecked it man. Seems it was not the one. It is very close. The plugs on the bike come with a blanking plug. You can order the blanking plug but it has no holes for pins I am pretty sure. It's just blank. The guy on eBay has a USB lead ready to go. I may actually get one of those. Easier.
Now that you have the new RR, I would be happy to hear about the update here.

I currently have my dual-USB attached directly to the battery, and while that has some advantages, I'm considering changing it to switched power from the front.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I spent a happy hour last night in the man cave, undressing my true love - S1000RR MSport K67. Findings:
1. The space under the rear fairing is massive and clearly meant for significant modules.
2. There are three spare connectors:
i. A two pin that looks remarkably like no.9
ii. A multi-pin that looks like no.1
iii. A multi-pin that I couldn’t get open (zip tied shut and I didn’t want to cut anything just yet) but looks like it’s in the no’s.4, 7, 10 family.
One of the multi-pins is obviously for the alarm immobilizer module, and the two pin is a switched DC supply, but what is the other plug for, and why is there so much space in there that has clearly been reserved for some big boxes?
Any answers from the wise would be very much appreciated, thanks.

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent a happy hour last night in the man cave, undressing my true love - S1000RR MSport K67. Findings:
1. The space under the rear fairing is massive and clearly meant for significant modules.
iii. A multi-pin that I couldn’t get open (zip tied shut and I didn’t want to cut anything just yet) but looks like it’s in the no’s.4, 7, 10 family.
One of the multi-pins is obviously for the alarm immobilizer module, and the two pin is a switched DC supply, but what is the other plug for, and why is there so much space in there that has clearly been reserved for some big boxes?
The 2 pin is the power socket that you need.
I edited the OP.

·
Registered
421 Posts
iii. Are you referring to the OBD2 port?

·
Registered
7 Posts
iii. Are you referring to the OBD2 port?
hi Tom,
To answer your question - No, I do't think so.
The OBD port is easily accessed by removing the seat hump and it there on the left hand side. All three connectors I refer to above are under the fairing and can only be accessed by removing all of the seat fairing panels. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
Fortunately 'Lock down' presents me with few excuses not to repeat the exercise, so I will tomorrow and post some piccies.
Hopefully, the mysteries that are deliberately created by BMW to ensure we don't go messing with our own property without paying them to do it for us, will be revealed :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Chaps,

as promised, an under fairing shot.
The OBD port is top right next to the Datatag sticker, and is clearly marked - it is easily accessed just by lifting the rear seat cowl. The rest requires complete removal of the pilot and pillion seats and rear fairing
The two complex/multi-pin plugs are bottom left and bottom right - one is clearly for the alarm immobiliser (don't know which), and the other is for? Can't help wondering:unsure:
The two pin switchable DC is under and to the left of the key barrel, and is a BMW proprietary plug - kerching!
I can fit my hand into the void below the key barrel - the space is big and clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The new K67 has 1 connector for switched power at the rear. The front connector which I thought was the same as the older K46 is not constant power. It is a pulse for the infrared receiver. It doesn't work for power as it constantly goes on and off. This post has been edited.
Regarding the front connector, I ordered from BMW the repair plug code 83300413585 and I was expecting to be the perfect match. It was not :( I had to cut some inner plastic to match the security plastic protuberance inside the plug (plug on the bike has a small protuberance near pin 1 but the repair plug had a slot near pin 3... so I had to cut a little inside to make room for that protuberance).
After that - perfect connection , I have power when contact is ON.
I measured the tension and I see 5V instead of 12V as expected... I didn't succeed charging my phone but I am not sure if it is really interrupt power or only insufficient amps (iphone does not rect is amps too little).
Anyone succeeding to use the switched power connection from the front?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just reading the whole thread and that bit about something for the infrared receiver intrigues me. What is the purpose of the infrared receiver on the bike?? I know very little and this is first time ever I read about infrared receiver on bikes. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Instead of buying the BMW plug I bought a 2 pin Deutch connector and cut the BMW one off and wired in the new plug

·
Registered
338 Posts
I ended up buying the quad lock stem mount for my phone and the optional usb charger that sits on top of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just reading the whole thread and that bit about something for the infrared receiver intrigues me. What is the purpose of the infrared receiver on the bike?? I know very little and this is first time ever I read about infrared receiver on bikes. Please enlighten me.
Anyone?

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not 100% sure on the K67 I'm sure others can comment. But the plug has a wire linked to the tft dash for this purpose. The receiver was for the older model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts