BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched to the full SS exhaust from Akrapovic and purchased the Z-FI Fuel Management box. I also baffled the shorty can to keep it a little less offensive. So now I had a custom application that was begging to be tuned properly. The bike was definitely slower and the power curve was sloppy. So i added the Z-AFM which required me to weld in the bung for the wide band O2 sensor. I installed all and took her for a maiden voyage with the mapper recording and collecting data on Air Fuel Ratios for every conceivable combination of RPM and Throttle Position. The folks at Bazzaz were incredibly helpful and answered all my questions and walked me through any issues I encountered. When i displayed the observed AFRs during my drive cycle, it was clear that the bike was running extremely rich in the higher RPMs at higher throttle twist. The Bazzaz Z-AFM made recommendations on leaning and richening the injectors to achieve a 13.0 AFR throughout.. I am sure i could benefit from some additional tuning on a dyno, but for now, i'm real happy with the setup - sound and performance is pretty satisfying.

·
Registered
473 Posts
What's a Bazzaz?

I know I want one, because I want to add rhinestones and studs to my jeans.

No, wait... That's a "Be-Dazzl."

Oh, I know! It's a mysterious female anatomy part found ... No, wait... That's a "Vee-Jazzl."

Ok, I give up. What's a Bazzaz?

Ha

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I have the same setup. I usually let the bazzaz fine tune the settings three times before I leave it alone. First time is major and the second two are the Tweeks here and there

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
What he said....mostly

I usually do the triple capture as well, but i do it for 2 or 3 different weather conditions. I.e cold, warm, hot. (Relating to the ambient temperature:))

This is so that i can quickly and easily swap maps based upon current weather conditions.

I also like to specify the afm that i am shooting for in each individual cell, not simply the single afm for everything. (That is a preference though, not amrequirement)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I switched to the full SS exhaust from Akrapovic and purchased the Z-FI Fuel Management box. I also baffled the shorty can to keep it a little less offensive. So now I had a custom application that was begging to be tuned properly. The bike was definitely slower and the power curve was sloppy. So i added the Z-AFM which required me to weld in the bung for the wide band O2 sensor. I installed all and took her for a maiden voyage with the mapper recording and collecting data on Air Fuel Ratios for every conceivable combination of RPM and Throttle Position. The folks at Bazzaz were incredibly helpful and answered all my questions and walked me through any issues I encountered. When i displayed the observed AFRs during my drive cycle, it was clear that the bike was running extremely rich in the higher RPMs at higher throttle twist. The Bazzaz Z-AFM made recommendations on leaning and richening the injectors to achieve a 13.0 AFR throughout.. I am sure i could benefit from some additional tuning on a dyno, but for now, i'm real happy with the setup - sound and performance is pretty satisfying.

You are now where i was two years ago :)

i sold my Bazzaz along with the Z-AFM and i don't even regret it, even though it was working perfectly and gave me good power and their customer service was excellent but it simply can't be compared with my current Brentune ECU reflash version 2 or even with the version 1 device i before!! The bike is so smooth and throttle response is unbelievable sharp, that how the bike should've come from factory.

I know Brentune is more expensive than bazzaz but in my point of view it is worth every single extra dollar . No more junk of extra wires or device attached to the bike (stealthy mod), no more installation required to fit a device, no need to go to the dyno to tune your bike to get a good map especially if you switch between pump or race gas or even change some mods on your bike like exhaust or filter.

I wish you good luck with your bazzaz :)

I still have my dyno tuned bazzaz maps if you interested in them?

·
Registered
424 Posts
You are now where i was two years ago :)

i sold my Bazzaz along with the Z-AFM and i don't even regret it, even though it was working perfectly and gave me good power and their customer service was excellent but it simply can't be compared with my current Brentune ECU reflash version 2 or even with the version 1 device i before!! The bike is so smooth and throttle response is unbelievable sharp, that how the bike should've come from factory.

I know Brentune is more expensive than bazzaz but in my point of view it is worth every single extra dollar . No more junk of extra wires or device attached to the bike (stealthy mod), no more installation required to fit a device, no need to go to the dyno to tune your bike to get a good map especially if you switch between pump or race gas or even change some mods on your bike like exhaust or filter.

I wish you good luck with your bazzaz :)

What's the difference between the Brentuning version 1 and version 2?

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bazzaz map for Akra SS system

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I now have a 2013 with the same setup and it really needs a tune. Could you please share the maps with me? I'm losing lots of top-end speed on the main straights at the track. Up to 20 km/h by the end.
Please email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I now have a 2013 with the same setup and it really needs a tune. Could you please share the maps with me? I'm losing lots of top-end speed on the main straights at the track. Up to 20 km/h by the end.
Please email me at [email protected].

I think i deleted them long time back, i'll check if i have a copy in my external

disk drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts