BMW S1000RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

June's Ride of the Month Contest

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  sro 
#1 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!

May's ROTM WInner @verrucktaxe

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
Getting chased by women?

It comes with the territory.

Even though the name suggests, it's unusual to be chased by women these days. Particularly when winding through the Australian Snowy Mountain Region on an 2010 S1000 RR.

This 2010 S1000RR known by its owner as "Betty" (after his late grandmother), has seen and mastered some of the best windy roads on the Eastern side of Australia.

Betty's favorite, the "Mitta-Mitta-Pants-Splitta" from Mitta Mitta -> Omeo VIC.

However, residing in The Lockdown Capital of Australia has made it hard for her to get out and enjoy the windier side of life.

Tire Cloud Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

#3 ·
Mods I got so far
///M axle spools, lever guards, levers, center tank grip.
Lightech chain adjusters and spools.
Alpha racing quick gas cap.
Akrapovic gp slip on is on the way.

My first liter bike and BMW. I had 2 daytona 675 and I still have one that I turned into a track bike. Best thing I love about this bike is the cruise control and the heated grips. Even though living in Los Angeles with low of 60*F i still use them.

#6 · (Edited)
2017 S1000RR Premium

Favorite memory question; killing my personal best lap times at the Ridge Motorsports Park yesterday, and riding around on the track and finding that there was no bike out there that could pull away from me--no Panigale, other S1000RR or Aprilia could pull away.

HP4 wheels (stock)
Woodcraft frame sliders
Woodcraft Case Cover
Woodcraft Timing Cover
Woodcraft Rearsets
K&N air filter
BMW Race Calibration Kit 3
Driven front & rear sprockets (16/45)
Red/Clear front sprocket cover
DID ERV2 Chain
Ohlins steering damper
Ohlins FGK front fork cartridges
Ohlins TTX rear shock
Pro-Bolt Titanium bolts throughout, including front fork / triple tree hardware & Ti caliper bolts
Titanium rear axle bolt, and axle drilled for retainer
Moto-D oil plug drilled for safety wire
Moto-D mirror block off plates
Billet oil filler cap
Shogun front axle slider/stand mounts
Woodcraft rear swingarm sliders
Billet passenger peg delete/tie down hooks
EarthX ETX18F lithium battery
Red billet rear axle adjusters
Brembo M4 mono blocks with Performance Friction carbon pads
BMW stainless braided lines (Spiegler custom brake lines in hand that I might install)
COX radiator guard
ASV shorty levers
Bar end guards off eBay, with bolts turned on a lathe to hold them in perfectly
Tank grips (Tech-Spec?)
TWM billet gas cap
Clear DMP tail light that I turned into dark tint (Vh1)
Watsen design front smoked turn signals
Aluminum license plate mount for under the battery tray (forgot the brand...not DMP)
Rear turn signals are hidden LEDs from superbrightLEDs.com
iFairings.com street body kit and Moto X Pricambi fiberglass race bodywork from Italy (for the track), including Motoholders fairing stay and fiberglass ram air tube
PUIG Smoked double bubble windscreen
Dunlop K451 slicks for the track with Chicken Hawk warmers, Pit Bull TRS in the race trailer, etc.
Hindle full exhaust
Tuned by Nels, and RCK3 editing by Steve Wier

To be installed this month: EVOL Technology Clip Ons with ProGrip 717s and red billet lever guards, and new rebound and compression internals for the Ohlins TTX to improve tire wear

#8 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!
View attachment 216842
May's ROTM WInner @verrucktaxe

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged
View attachment 217182
View attachment 217182

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.