BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the July's Ride of the Month Competition!

June's ROTM Winner @Hp4 Flash

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
20A_8709.JPG
20A_1097.JPG
20A_8949.JPG

Off top of my head,
Ohlins rear shock.
Racetec emulators with ohlins springs and oil
Rcs19, ti caliper pistons. Brembo oro discs, brembo sc pads,
Ses rearsets.
M4 system with arrow can.
Gb crash protection.
Extensive lightening with Splashes of ti everywhere.
Lightened rear disc and caliper mount.
Sc1 front and rear.

Our first race weekend since September 19.

Got a 6th 4th and 5th. Fun and tiring 3 days

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
264 Posts
Not a fan. Not my favorite. Too many blingy bits. Chicken strips for days. Get that scooter on a track where it belongs.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
264 Posts
What ya on about
Oh man not talking about you! That blue blingy bit in the OP. Someone brutalized that hp4. I'd bet it has LED light strips on it for night riding.

Your track day..I am genuinely jealous of. Your BP and setup look proper. I wish I was there with ya.

So many ppl on here never track the RR... why did they buy the RR? Crazy to me. Kinda like the dudes who buy a Ferrari and never track it. They only use it foe Starbucks runs.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Oh man not talking about you! That blue blingy bit in the OP. Someone brutalized that hp4. I'd bet it has LED light strips on it for night riding.

Your track day..I am genuinely jealous of. Your BP and setup look proper. I wish I was there with ya.

So many ppl on here never track the RR... why did they buy the RR? Crazy to me. Kinda like the dudes who buy a Ferrari and never track it. They only use it foe Starbucks runs.
Actually looking now i agree with you. Ill update the pic with details.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Not everywhere has a track around my man.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
264 Posts
Not everywhere has a track around my man.
Tell me about it. I tow my bike for hours in both directions east and west to get to a track. My closest track is 2hrs away. And that's $250 a day,, not counting tires fuel lodging and so on.. yet At least there I don't deal with canyon chaodes, or dudes who ride in straight lines, and or pavement princesses that can do 190mph and will only see Starbucks. I get to work on my skills and have a safe environment to push it fast. We have IMHO the best scoot on the market right now. Why not see what it can do in a safe supportive environment?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

I haven't tracked mine, but have ridden any number of awesome mountain roads at "elevated" pace across a couple states. I have no NEED to track it when there are roads like that which I prefer anyways. I'd LIKE to track mine, but it's not a priority, especially if I have to do all kinds of prep for what is a STREETbike. If they had a "street" trackday at the end of all the racing, other trackdays, etc., where you maybe had to pay a little more in case of track cleanup if coolant leaked, I'd definitely do that. I bought the RR for riding mountain roads at speed, and sport-touring on it thru multiple states, not as a trackbike. Just because someone doesn't track their RR doesn't mean anything A lot of the guys that ride the mountain rods on their 'RR's have cheaper trackbikes. I agree that if you only ride to [email protected] you're a tool though... 🤣

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim grey
22 Posts
I haven't tracked mine, but have ridden any number of awesome mountain roads at "elevated" pace across a couple states. I have no NEED to track it when there are roads like that which I prefer anyways. I'd LIKE to track mine, but it's not a priority, especially if I have to do all kinds of prep for what is a STREETbike. If they had a "street" trackday at the end of all the racing, other trackdays, etc., where you maybe had to pay a little more in case of track cleanup if coolant leaked, I'd definitely do that. I bought the RR for riding mountain roads at speed, and sport-touring on it thru multiple states, not as a trackbike. Just because someone doesn't track their RR doesn't mean anything A lot of the guys that ride the mountain rods on their 'RR's have cheaper trackbikes. I agree that if you only ride to [email protected] you're a tool though... 🤣
[/
Welcome to the July's Ride of the Month Competition!
View attachment 217418

June's ROTM Winner @Hp4 Flash

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged
Well here goes with my entry; this is my 2021 S1000RR, mods so far are Puig smoke wind screen, Nissin front brake calipers and master front Nissin replaced after recall, Akrapovich shorty, BMW tail seat removal, TST Industries rear tail blinkers, block off plate and license plate bracket, Gilles tooling rear sets as opposed to stock. Looks very generic and clean and looks to the point, not overly crazy, rather modest

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well here goes with my entry; this is my 2021 S1000RR, mods so far are Puig smoke wind screen, Nissin front brake calipers and master front Nissin replaced after recall, Akrapovich shorty, BMW tail seat removal, TST Industries rear tail blinkers, block off plate and license plate bracket, Gilles tooling rear sets as opposed to stock. Looks very generic and clean and looks to the point, not overly crazy, rather modest
Oh and I haven't gotten the 600 mile restrictions taken off yet either, still below 600, right around 540 or so nor but have bought the Brentuning Stage 1 flash so I am still debating on doing it or just leaving it stock but I paid almost a grand for it but have heard some dark rumors of engines going bad after that flash so we'll see

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
264 Posts
Dude... proper scooter.. looks great. I have the same rearsets. I'm in Tucson, I noticed your plate. Our bikes are almost twins.

Reactions: Sascha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dude... proper scooter.. looks great. I have the same rearsets. I'm in Tucson, I noticed your plate. Our bikes are almost twins.
Do you plan on flashing it? I purchased the Brentuning one actually before I ever got the bike and in stock (restricted) it's already pretty good, had a 2008 Honda CBR 600RR before this and it was already zippy but out of the box this BMW is something else

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well let's just see if your motor gives out and you revert to the stock ECU flash before taking it in and hope they don't see it lol? I work in IT so I know from a software side they will be able to

1 - 20 of 22 Posts