BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a gladiator? If so, how do you feel about putting the motorcycle in the bed?

the 2020 has a length of 81.6in (6.8ft) but the bed of the Gladiator is only 60in (5ft). Wonder if that is with the tailgate up or down?!?

Some conflicting reports saying that some people have had all sorts of bikes in the bed. Others saying it wont.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
60in is with the tailgate up and the hight of the bed/tailgate is 16.75in. Total 76.75in, seems to be just enough.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice, ty all. Haven't owned a truck (if you can call a gladiator a truck lol). Only Wranglers. I'll add a bed extender to the list.

·
Administrator
6,689 Posts
The Gladiator has more capacity than many pickups, but 1530 lbs total can get eaten up quick with a bike in the back, all the gear and 2 or 3 friends. Logically it's best to have skinny friends lol.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I was GOING to get a Gladiator in turbodiesel Rubicon trim, but recently decided against it. The idea of banging up a $70k+ truck having fun kinda put the damper on that. I decided to get a Can-Am X3 RC Turbo RR for that. If I won the lottery I'd sure get a Gladiator though. Best of luck with it though!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Fits real nice in a ford transit connect
Thanks for sharing that.

I've been thinking about updating my bike transport. I was considering something like a Transit 250 with a high roof, but your approach has advantages.

If you already have them, could you please share photos from other angles that show how much room is available for other gear (e.g. a generator, tool box, etc.)?.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for sharing that.

I've been thinking about updating my bike transport. I was considering something like a Transit 250 with a high roof, but your approach has advantages.

If you already have them, could you please share photos from other angles that show how much room is available for other gear (e.g. a generator, tool box, etc.)?.
Should be plenty of room for gear, toolbox, etc, especially if you added some hangers on the sides for a suit etc. I would think a 4000 watt generator should fit too, but not 100% sure on it. The little guys would definitely fit. My 8,000 watt one would not though, I can say that.

Honestly the biggest selling point is it's probably the easiest thing I've ever loaded and unloaded a bike into.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Very helpful. Thank you. Another benefit is that lots of these are available with low-ish miles at reasonable price points.

I might even remove the passenger seat to avoid having to haul anyone else and their stuff!

Roof is probably too low for dirt bikes?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very helpful. Thank you. Another benefit is that lots of these are available with low-ish miles at reasonable price points.

I might even remove the passenger seat to avoid having to haul anyone else and their stuff!

Roof is probably too low for dirt bikes?
Nope, I put the DRZ400E in it too without an issue. I thought I was going to have to tip it to the side to get it under the lip, but it went right up the ramp straight in no issues. And yes, I got mine for $750 because someone didn't want to deal with a few small things...felt like I stole it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts