BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New year, new round of ROTM contests!
Welcome to the first ROTM contest of 2022!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to any of last year’s ROTM contests.
The goal is to pit the 12 winners of this year’s contests into a Ride of the Year contest in January of next year.

Thank you for your patience! And Good luck!

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

~Richard.

·
Premium Member
January 2022 BOTM Winner
679 Posts
New year, new round of ROTM contests!
Welcome to the first ROTM contest of 2022!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to any of last year’s ROTM contests.
The goal is to pit the 12 winners of this year’s contests into a Ride of the Year contest in January of next year.

Thank you for your patience! And Good luck!

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

~Richard.
Euro spec 1966 250s imported by a US Army Officer stationed in Germany and bought it new. Lived in beautiful, coastal Northern California for decades after he got stationed to the Presidio!
Smile Jaw Font Movie Facial hair

2. It has Weber carbs tuned for sunny Southern California climate, instead of Zenith carbs, which are in a box until I find a capable, trustworthy carb shop to bring them back to life. Oversized tires for better cruising gearing (those ugly white wall tires in the pics are gone!). The 4 speed is in great shape. Kenwood with bluetooth replaced the Alpine cassette player that it came with. I have the block-off plate in IMMACULATE condition but the rest of the wood is less than immaculate. I darkened the wood trim a little, a full refurbish is coming soon. I'll put up the block-off (original condition, and immaculate) once I redo the veneer trim and hide the radio in the glove box.

3. All mine! 2nd W108! (RIP Juliana :( )

4. Favorite memory was an odd moment when I was cruising in San Clemente. I didn't expect a lot of tourists midweek, and some kids were hovering the rear of the car on bikes while I was stuck in stop n go traffic. One of the kids came up to my open window, said some good words, and said he loved these cars...impressed that someone so young knew a bit about this oldie. I clearly saw an appreciation for the old, classic European vehicles in his eyes and it made my day. Usually its people my age or older that live these.

5. Please like, subscribe, and hit the bell!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud
Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

7. Not yet!

And, yes, I know that's a typo and its meant for motorcycle of the month...but here you got it...my ride of the month!

·
Premium Member
January 2022 BOTM Winner
679 Posts
Small update, I got a personalized whales tail California license plates 10 MONTHS after I ordered them. I got it I think a month before moving out of CA :rolleyes: but I plan to keep them on until I die, or I get a fix it ticket (whichever comes first).

View attachment 222891
Thanks to goofy a$$ east coast classic car registration rules, i dont think keeping my whales tail plates on my ride will be a problem. they're still representin and still my daily driver.

Jaw Gesture Music artist Suit Thumb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts