BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
@Outta Control Did you use the protective film on your bike? Care to add to this thread with a review of yours?

BTW, Mojo wants to know why he never sees you at the track. :laugh:
I have the Cortech Super 2.0.

And so far it has performed very well w/o any pannier. It worked so well that after work I looked at it and there are no sign of any heat burns or discoloration on the bags and I was stupid enough to put my hand on the heat shield.

:surprise: "YeeeAaaaww!!!" <~~~ Yup it does a good job of keeping the heat out on the inner bag.

I was so stupid I felt like this. >:)

Per MoJo: No worry guys I will hit the Twack next year. It is vacation time to the motherland and fly some drone.

0:)0:)>:):wink2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Outta Control Did you use the protective film on your bike? Care to add to this thread with a review of yours?

BTW, Mojo wants to know why he never sees you at the track. :laugh:
I did a first run today. was very succssful at all speeds.

No need for any heat protective, the panniers are far enough from the exhaust.
I checked again if the bags will scratch the fairings, seems the inner sell is made of a soft material.

* Still waiting for the seller answer about the protective film sticker if it's needed for my specific S1000RR

-Shay

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I think you'll need to add height using additional bracket?
Or maybe using the OEM screws will do the job. can't be sure about it.
I have no oem screws. My Premium model did not come with a passenger seat or pegs.
There are just plugs in the bolt holes there.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
A question for anyone with these with a FE kit installed.
Do you have issues with the blinkers touching/rubbing on the insides of the bags?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Next you will be wondering what a pillion is :wink2:
LOL To be fair, I always thought "panniers" were the metal ones, like I actually bought (SW Motech) to mount to my '15 'RR for long rides (I have to design and build a suitable rack). Yeah, I know it will look weird, but who cares? I'll be way out in the middle of nowhere with them where the typical sportbiker won't go.

Me, I'd call those "saddlebags", but maybe that's just me.....

·
Registered
921 Posts
How much do these stick out in comparison to the passenger pegs being down? Do your legs and body deflect most of the wind or these exposed?

Theres a decent deal online currently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How much do these stick out in comparison to the passenger pegs being down? Do your legs and body deflect most of the wind or these exposed?

Theres a decent deal online currently.
When closed ( 14 liters ) they don't stick out much and you won't feel them while riding fast.
They won't move/play because the secured adjustable cable connected to the passenger pegs, when it's tight they fits perfect!

I haven't use them much because of the main reason I got them, just leave them all the time on the bike and remove when riding solo on weekends, but I've encountered a problem:

While riding with my wife she didn't have room on the pegs:

Since the wife didn't have enough room on the pegs, I've loosen the mounting cables, and then I got a new scratch, the wife had more room on the pegs, but the bags played back and forth during the ride ( she pushed the bags during the ride and didn't notice is scratching the bike).

That been said, if you're going solo the bags will fit excellent!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here's mine, these things aren't going anywhere, could probably do 187mph with them; and the clip ons are the slightest bit longer than them condensed to 14L for anyone thinking about splitting lanes. Excuse my dirty garage, its winter in New England and been lazy. And the Graves FE with stock blinkers fits nice and flush, bags don't rest on the blinkers, but with a load they probably will slightly touch.
PHOTOBUCKET FAIL.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Thanks for posting pics. Interested in the results of blinker contact when fully loaded.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not to over post this thread, but i'm incredibly unhappy with these bags after using them on two long trips. The bag support rods eventually cracked the connecters that go on the passenger peg mounts. SW Motech sent me to a US distributor to in turn buy new brackets.

Don't buy these, not going to buy an sw tank back now either. Seeing how they couldn't support a pair of shoes, jeans and a few shirts going 350 miles what is the point of having bags this size. Stick with a tail bag where the tail supports the weight and is probably more roomy.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Not to over post this thread, but i'm incredibly unhappy with these bags after using them on two long trips. The bag support rods eventually cracked the connecters that go on the passenger peg mounts. SW Motech sent me to a US distributor to in turn buy new brackets.

Don't buy these, not going to buy an sw tank back now either. Seeing how they couldn't support a pair of shoes, jeans and a few shirts going 350 miles what is the point of having bags this size. Stick with a tail bag where the tail supports the weight and is probably more roomy.
I still wanted to buy these, so I read this again to talk myself out of it. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Nice to see this thread active again!

I was looking at these ‘saddle bags’ :) for my R, then read this thread. I decided to go with the Kriega tail bag combo instead. The mounting system works with straps that hook under the passenger seat. Seems like a good system...although I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks.

I like the way the Kriega mounts one on top of the other. I started out with a 5 liter, which I use daily, then added a 10, and 20 liter...which I have yet to test on a short trip. I did stack all three units in the garage, just to make sure it works as advertised. I found the instructions kind of lacking, but it was fairly easy to figure out.

I only used two of the included mounting straps, along with the two oem that are under passenger seat...

If anyone’s looking for this type of system, Kriega seems pretty good. (No affiliation, or relatives working for company lol)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts