BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help reading my Dyno charts (pictures)

Hey guys,

I've owned a '17 s1000rr for 2 years now. Last year I did put a full Akra system on it and it was running "fine" without tuning. Last week, I changed my air filter for a K&N full racing high flow and I installed a Bazzaz Z-FI controller.

Brought it on the Dyno on Monday. Went from 179hp at the wheels (BMW original maps), 177hp (Bazzaz pre-loaded map) to a big 195hp after custom maps dyno tuning.

My problem is that the dyno chart looks extremely weird to me (I do not know much about physics and dynos), I thought that on EVERY CHARTS in the world, hp would cross torque at 5250rpm.

My lines NEVER cross. Therefor I am confused and I am asking for anyone's more experimented then me help.

Please have a look at the charts (one is original and the other one has notes/questions on it) and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

It does look weird, I must say.

1. The dip at 11.5K is the same as my bike, I gather it's the same on all of the 3rd Gens.
2. The peak at 5.5K does look like tyres slip, but for it to match revs/duration could be just chance.
3. Normally, torque and power do cross at 5250 as a consequence of how dyne's work. Maybe the tyre spin threw it out as it's in the same region.
4. I assume it's corrected power figure but it seems the curve is uncorrected.... odd.

my two pennies worth.... J

·
Registered
243 Posts
Different scales for HP and Torque, therefore they wont cross. Look at the numbering on each vertical chart left and right. I cant read it very well to see what the numbers are or which is hP and which is torque. But that's why it looks funny.

If both scales were the same, the hp would cross the torque curve at 5250 rpm. Torque should peak at about 80 while hp runs to 190, so the torque graph should be much "lower" than the hp curve. Its done the way yours is for better visualization, but bad for comparison

·
Registered
309 Posts
The dip at 11k is your intake stacks adjusting

Typically can not really tune these bikes at under 6k because of the same throttle body issues/variable intake stack, and the bike will not allow you to open the throttle fully at that rpm.

Sorry

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Oh boy. First of all, you have two different scales going on for Torque and HP. Please look at the Y axis on the left and the Y axis on the right.

The "over 200 reading" you are pointing to is the torque curve. You need to look across to the scale on the right for torque, not HP.

The "slip" (and it does look like that) is on the same run. One is the torque curve the other the HP.

If you look at the values for Torque and HP, they do equal each other at 5250, they just don't cross because of the scale.

You have two runs shown. One is Red/Blue for torque/HP. The other is Blue/Light Blue for torque/HP.

That 11K dip is on all S1000RRs as of late.

Gains are nice.

SO WOULD YOU SAY YOU MAXIMIZED THE PERFORMANCE OF THE EXHAUST BY ADJUSTING THE FUELING??????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their inputs.

Because of you guys I can now properly read a Dyno chart and hopefully will never confuse the runs/hp/torque again. I am kinda shy I didn't realize hp and torque were not on the same scale but in the end I am really happy it's my mistake and not the tuner's.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride her since the dyno because of the bad weather here in Toronto. The weather forecast for the weekend if great so I will let you guys know how the extra 16hp and smoothness feels. I can't wait >:)

PS: I came on this forum only with the intention to get that chart reading solved. Now that I got so much help, I decided to stick around and help the community as best I can for the posts I am competent about (obviously not dynos :grin2:)

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol You think that’s bad I’ve been having major issues with mine since I’ve had a PC5 primary and secondary injection module along with autotune all I have really is a full arrow I knew it was bad but just had it dynoed and this is what it looks like mine is a 15 btw

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts