BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble launching my bike from a dead stop. My launch control no longer works, so I’m back to launching my bike the conventional way. No matter how smooth I let out the clutch as I take off the bike will buck. It’s to the point I have to take off like I’m leaving a parking lot.

I was looking into the brocks clutch mod kit which says it eliminates this issue, but in doing o it also disables my slipper clutch. I am skeptical about disabling the slipper clutch as it is a circuit bike and not a drag bike.

My standard 2013 S1000RR with stock clutch didn’t have this issue, and it launched great w/o launch control.

Has anyone had any similar issues, and if so what was the fix?

You can see/hear a bit of how it’s bucking and how slow I have to come off the line with it here:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I made a post a few weeks ago about a similar issue on my 16 where it will buck or have an extremely delayed reaction using LC.
Tried several ways of using the clutch with TC and nothing works on it.
Planning on replacing my clutch plates as I noticed on 3rd and 4th gear I seem to have slippage issue.

Like you, I went back to the traditional way of using the manual method for launching on my races. As of now, it is working so just using it. 5 to 6k rpm, let clutch out pretty quickly and pin the throttle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts