BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Yes or NO!!

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Private sellers is the way to go as long as you can secure financing on your own if not cash thru a credit union as an example you do not need to buy from any dealership ( rips offs ) unless you are very stern & can walk out if you do not like their offer

·
Registered
39 Posts
dream bike has been an S1000RR for the awhile now, i found a 2012, just about 5k miles, $11,500 and some mods here or there nothing to crazy and she’s mint. should i pull the trigger?, should the price be lower? Let me know what you guys think...
Seems high to me but im new with the rr`s and still learning. I just picked up a 12 this week and didnt pay that. Has about 15k miles so more than the one you found. Im in wa state tho. Hardly see em where i am so found mine about 200 miles away. Pretty clean one owner no scratches an 0 mods with all paperwork showing maintenance. Came with bmw tank and tail bag, factory alarm and all options, tc and abs. Unsure if its the premium model or not. He wanted more but i put a hard squeeze on em (nicely) he eventually caved in and made the deal then I enjoyed it on the way home!!. Lol worked out best for me.!! Haha I didnt care about any of the options myself so that was no value to me, or if it was scratched since im making a track bike out of it so anything it doesnt need im getting rid of anyway and installing track fairings.

Shop around and good luck!:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
next question for you guys, don’t get me wrong i love taking twisty roads on these bikes but i also love maxing out on some long straight roads. i’m stuck in a hard spot because i also found a 2015 r1 1,400 miles, sc project exhaust for just power who would you guys go with between the r1 and s1k, maybe try and be unbiased since this is the s1k forum😂

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a 2015 R1M was fast & the best sounding motor in comparison to other Super Bikes the only issue was being a gas Guzzler 90 M per tank ( Cross plane motor loves fuel ) the 2017 S1000RR was faster & had a way better fuel consumption ratio. 130 M per tank honestly you can’t go wrong with either bike in case you are wondering I ride a 2019 KTM Super Duke 1290 R not as fast as the other two beasts but way more comfortable for my 60 year old frame

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had a 2015 R1M was fast & the best sounding motor in comparison to other Super Bikes the only issue was being a gas Guzzler 90 M per tank ( Cross plane motor loves fuel ) the 2017 S1000RR was faster & had a way better fuel consumption ratio. 130 M per tank honestly you can’t go wrong with either bike
yea i’m just torn between the two, both very reliable bikes, just think the parts would be more expensive for the bmw as well as just servicing the bike, bmw you have to do a huge service every 10k miles to check the valves and so on i believe is around $3k. is that the same for the 15 r1

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a 15 r1 as a track bike, rode great sucked gas but unfortunately the engine blew up at the end of last track season. I rode it almost 3 seasons. It was a track bike when i got it so was well loved. Haha. Awesome sound. My 12 s1000rr i just picked up the previous owner had the valves done last fall and cost em $1200. I have the receipt. He had the oil and full service done with it so cost more. Spark plugs too. Looks like they checked a lot of stuff too.

Im new to the s1krr but im excited to get mine on the track. I like it since its different and no others around here anyways.

Good luck with your choice buddy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Yama color scheme is gorgeous I love that Yama Blue . Among all Super Bikes the R1 has the best looking tail cowl . What’s the asking price for the Yamaha ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome looking bikes. Guess one thing I'd say to check is how each bike fits you. Would be awesome if you could ride each one but that doesnt happen much at least with my luck. Important to have the ergos right. Both are great rides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Awesome looking bikes. Guess one thing I'd say to check is how each bike fits you. Would be awesome if you could ride each one but that doesnt happen much at least with my luck. Important to have the ergos right. Both are great rides.
yea 100% i think the r1 might be the move

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
bmw you have to do a huge service every 10k miles to check the valves and so on i believe is around $3k. is that the same for the 15 r1
Where do you get this from????? 'cos it's absolute crap!!! The 'major' service interval on the S1000 series is 18k miles and cost for the service (including valve check and fork servicing) runs around $1k give or take a few Benjamins.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm 40 minutes from NJ, i'd sell you my 2016 for $10k if interested. I was going to post it in a month or two but if you wanted a bike sooner. Mine has 17,000 miles, never been crashed, not many track days, mostly commuting miles and heading down to AC/NJMP for motoamerica and out to long island.

Dealer serviced, newer chain and sprockets 1,500 miles ago, mostly stock minus axle/swing arm sliders, bar ends (R&G), tank pad, fender eliminator. original owner, no lien on title. Putting on new brakes this week as well.
I've seen this bike. It's near flawless. I go to the same dealer for service as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Yamaha is 3 years newer more advanced in options 2015 vs 2012 for less $1500 less plus $3500 miles less so value wise I would go with the R1
check on insurance rates as well before you pull the plug then go from there

21 - 40 of 45 Posts