BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Yes or NO!!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dream bike has been an S1000RR for the awhile now, i found a 2012, just about 5k miles, $11,500 and some mods here or there nothing to crazy and she’s mint. should i pull the trigger?, should the price be lower? Let me know what you guys think...

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
Location? It makes a difference. So you feel exempt from the 3 post rule, and create a poll on your first post? Please have a look at the forum rules before I get 20 keyboard jockeys asking me to ban you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That seems really high for a 2012. I would find a newer model one (16-18). More miles is not a big deal as long as you have evidence of good care, including maintenance records.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Location? It makes a difference. So you feel exempt from the 3 post rule, and create a poll on your first post? Please have a look at the forum rules before I get 20 keyboard jockeys asking me to ban you.
I’m in NJ, also this is my first forum that i actually posted in, so i didn’t think my post would offend anyone, i’m just trying to get the best help i can. My apologies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems really high for a 2012. I would find a newer model one (16-18). More miles is not a big deal as long as you have evidence of good care, including maintenance records.
what would you guys say is a lot of miles for a s1000rr?, best generation?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
what would you guys say is a lot of miles for a s1000rr?, best generation?
Best generation is year 17/18, latest before gen 4 came out. YMMV. I have seen S1000RR with over 100000km/62000mi and runs and sounded perfect. Motul 7100 oil changed every 4000km and he said valve were still good at 60000km. it's a 2013 RR.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My wife and I bought her a used 2016 S1000RR last September for $9800.00 with 9k miles on it. It was owned by an older gentlemen and was in 8 of 10 shape (was knocked over in the drive way) Its also the fully loaded premium edition. We did get a rather good deal on it I would say but they are out there.

Seems silly to me some of the prices guys are paying for this bike on the used market. You just need to be patient to find the right deal.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't know if CSS has completed the sale of their previous fleet, replaced by K67s. These 2018s would be in great condition and meticulously maintained, albeit with about 15K miles. Among other things, their plastic would be all brand new. My guess is they're gone, but I would check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any ideas of good dealers in NJ i could check out, i don’t mind driving an hour or two, just to find the best deal

·
Registered
962 Posts
I sold my 2016 prem package and forge wheel with 700 miles on the ODM in SoCal for 11,500

Need the cash to go forward.

I think i would of ; could of got 13000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm 40 minutes from NJ, i'd sell you my 2016 for $10k if interested. I was going to post it in a month or two but if you wanted a bike sooner. Mine has 17,000 miles, never been crashed, not many track days, mostly commuting miles and heading down to AC/NJMP for motoamerica and out to long island.

Dealer serviced, newer chain and sprockets 1,500 miles ago, mostly stock minus axle/swing arm sliders, bar ends (R&G), tank pad, fender eliminator. original owner, no lien on title. Putting on new brakes this week as well.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I don't know if CSS has completed the sale of their previous fleet, replaced by K67s. These 2018s would be in great condition and meticulously maintained, albeit with about 15K miles. Among other things, their plastic would be all brand new. My guess is they're gone, but I would check.
All gone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
All gone.
I feared that. I think they try to sell as many as possible directly within a few weeks and then bulk sell the rest to dealers. They've had the 2020 RRs modified and going since about Aug. It then takes them a couple of months (or more I think) to clean up and reconvert the old fleet to street trim (original unused fairings, tail, tires, etc.) for sale. I imagine they do this between camps as they have time, but it was probably done by the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I feared that. I think they try to sell as many as possible directly within a few weeks and then bulk sell the rest to dealers. They've had the 2020 RRs modified and going since about Aug. It then takes them a couple of months (or more I think) to clean up and reconvert the old fleet to street trim (original unused fairings, tail, tires, etc.) for sale. I imagine they do this between camps as they have time, but it was probably done by the end of the year.
Yup. The K67 fleet will be up for sale at the end of 2020.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dream bike has been an S1000RR for the awhile now, i found a 2012, just about 5k miles, $11,500 and some mods here or there nothing to crazy and she’s mint. should i pull the trigger?, should the price be lower? Let me know what you guys think...
I got my 2014 s1000rr for 8500 delivered It had more miles than yours I would offer 10.Great bikes

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a ‘17 in miami. 4,000 ish Miles. Waiting for my 2020. Which was on its way before all hell broke out across the world. I’ve been told my year has some improvements over the first 2 rr generations. Better quick shift is the main one. I may sell it when I get the new one.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts