BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is the Haynes service manual good enough for the S1000R? I don't intend to do any massive repair/upgrade work -- just normal maintenance.
I just got my copy today, it's actually pretty decent, with a nice history of the bike at the beginning and interesting comparisons across the s1000 line. I have the digital BMW version of the service manual and all torque specs match what's in Haynes. I recommend it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is the ideal way to go, but it requires a PC which some riders don't own. It also takes some learning and trial and error to navigate the interface or use the clunky search feature which can take several minutes per query if you don't filter by the right component/model. If you just want to change the fluids in your bike, remove wheels, new chain, etc. then look up the task in the index of this book and you're done.

p.s. I don't work for Haynes or know anyone in that company, just passing on a tip that this is a genuinely good investment to keep in your garage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I downloaded the official service tool from here and the only working link was for a 2015. Does anyone have a working link for 2016?

Also looking at buying the Haynes as well which is easier to flick through if you don't want to crack open the computer while working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts