BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I used the IRC autoblip quickshifter on my 2013 RR with no issues. Just few weeks ago I transferred it to my new track bike, 2014 HP4.
Now It lunges forward if I try to use it. Also, when I turn the bike on, I can hear a click in the tail of the bike, every time. And there is also a click in the IRC controller. As I turn the key on, unit displays “81” but not “- -“ after that. I also can not go it the menu by pushing lower button. Also, if I hold upper button and turn the ignition on, nothing happens. It doesn’t go it the setup. Any help would be appreciated. I also emailed IRC, but no response yet.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I guess this is a very reason we should not buy IRC...? Lack of manufacture response? They really should stand behind and help us buyers who support them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I searched but can’t find anything about error 81, or error chart, or anything except to email IRC with error code. That’s it. I’ll continue looking and will report if I find anything. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got this response from IRC. I will double check the connection to make sure I didn’t use wrong connector, but I doubt it.

mmm,
the unit powered fine, it's normal that you don't see nothing. maybe on hp4 they cut the power to the coil after 4 seconds if no Engine running? try tos tart the bike and then enter in the menu.
otherwise: Check the coils and gear connectors,. quite sure you switched them because identical connector. yellow wire to the gear.
Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I used the IRC autoblip quickshifter on my 2013 RR with no issues. Just few weeks ago I transferred it to my new track bike, 2014 HP4.
Now It lunges forward if I try to use it. Also, when I turn the bike on, I can hear a click in the tail of the bike, every time. And there is also a click in the IRC controller. As I turn the key on, unit displays “81” but not “- -“ after that. I also can not go it the menu by pushing lower button. Also, if I hold upper button and turn the ignition on, nothing happens. It doesn’t go it the setup. Any help would be appreciated. I also emailed IRC, but no response yet.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi where did you buy your IRC QS ? I bought mine from Moto D they helped me hook it up they have a great Customer Service give them a call 845-621-7177

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it from another rider, so no direct connection to MotoD. I know the guy that owned it, Scott, so I may give them a call.
Also, I disconnected the ground, so basically try to reset it and now I can get in the settings by holding both buttons down. I changed some of the settings, so now I need to wait for the next trackday to test it.
thank yiu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts