BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So due to the risk of a possible recession I decide to not order my exhaust. Too much is happening right now and my ole lady and a few others I know are working from home. Others I know were told their jobs were closed until further notice. My job should be OK but if we do close I’d rather keep the exhaust money in the bank until this Covid 19 issue gets better.

I already had the servo buddy. So I removed the exhaust servo motor/cables and installed the servo buddy in its place. I also removed dB killer on the stock exhaust. It is definitely not an aftermarket exhaust replacement by any means but what I wanted was higher decibel output from the stock exhaust. Problem solved for now. These few things I did made a pretty nice change in the sound. Just passing the info on in case someone wants to know how to make the stock exhaust a little louder without doing any gutting of the cat.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I was able to take the bike for a spin yesterday after work. The exhaust note is so much better now. It is a lot deeper and throaty. It is not as loud as an aftermarket slip on would be. I did not expect it to be either. The cat is doing a lot to silence the bike as well. I fired it up without the muffler on and you can clearly tell how much the cat is against DB. It also did not sound good at all.
When I get my exhaust I might make an adapter and put this muffler on it to see how the muffler sounds with the header.

I made a short video of the current setup. I’ll post the video later for anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I never posted it. I still have it on my phone. I want to make a cold start video as well. I feel like this muffler would slip onto some Akra headers. I am going to do the test when I decide to order my exhaust because if it slips on to the headers with the same mounting location it will be a good thing to bring to the tracks that have noise ordinances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts