BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had helibars on my 2018 and they were great. To my joy and surprise, in one of the moto magazines I received a few months ago was a card advertising Helibars for K67, so I had to give them a try.

I think Heli has installed some new machinery, because the fit and finish of these bars is simply outstanding.
The included instructions and large color photographs made the installation easy. It would have been easy even without the instructions, but they have included the torque specs which was nice.

The difference in angle and offset is not easily noticeable. I only did a one one-tank ride with them, but at the end of the ride my neck and back did not complain as much as usual. I will ride some more and try to formulate a more complete opinion, but so far I am very pleased.

One negative is that I was feeling more buffeting. I will revert back to the short screen and face the wind. Sometimes it is better to let it hit more of the upper body.

Just sharing here if anyone cares.

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

Plant Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
got a side-on photo?

·
Registered
956 Posts
They look really good. Nice one.
I had Heli bars on my 2015 and they were superb quality. Unfortunately they didn't make much difference to my neck aches so I sold the bike.

·
8,511 Posts
How do those grip wraps feel? Link to where you go them from?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had helibars on my 2018 and they were great. To my joy and surprise, in one of the moto magazines I received a few months ago was a card advertising Helibars for K67, so I had to give them a try.

I think Heli has installed some new machinery, because the fit and finish of these bars is simply outstanding.
The included instructions and large color photographs made the installation easy. It would have been easy even without the instructions, but they have included the torque specs which was nice.

The difference in angle and offset is not easily noticeable. I only did a one one-tank ride with them, but at the end of the ride my neck and back did not complain as much as usual. I will ride some more and try to formulate a more complete opinion, but so far I am very pleased.

One negative is that I was feeling more buffeting. I will revert back to the short screen and face the wind. Sometimes it is better to let it hit more of the upper body.

Just sharing here if anyone cares.
With all that extra foam on the grip, do you feel any heat at all from the heated grips? If not, you can try using "sil pad" material. It's used for thermal conduction but electrical insulation, and it's very good at both, but I'm not sure how it would hold up for motorcycle grip use. We used it as it was designed for. But, as it does conduct heat very well, I thought I'd suggest it in case you found your foam too insulating. This stuff is pretty expensive, but you can probably get a couple pieces for free by asking for samples big enough for "testing", wink-wink, nudge-nudge.
Thermal SIL PAD® Materials - Henkel Adhesives (henkel-adhesives.com)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts