BMW S1000RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Ducatis are not for everyone. They are not friendly to ride, require rider commitment, are not particularly comfortable, and they want to kill you. My RR is a comfy coach in comparison to my Ducatis.

But you are rewarded for the effort.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I loved the looks of them and been tempted to buy one since I demoed the 1198, 1199, and I think I did the 1299 too. The better my budget for a bike gets, the higher their prices get. I think the mentioned twins are the only bikes I'd consider buying used right now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ducatis are not for everyone. They are not friendly to ride, require rider commitment, are not particularly comfortable, and they want to kill you. My RR is a comfy coach in comparison to my Ducatis.

But you are rewarded for the effort.
I think a lot of this is mental. My R1 was hotter and more aggressive a riding position than any of the 1198 thru 1299s I've ridden. Ducati has that rep, and that's probably because most are owned by bi-weekend warriors.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Ducati has that rep, and that's probably because most are owned by bi-weekend warriors.
...emphasis on "bi"... 🤣

Reactions: HBguy

·
Registered
544 Posts
The V4 is cool and is probably the best performing drivetrain fitted to the panigale platform, but for me, it's the 1299S that does it. That is FOR SURE going to be my next bike to keep my s1000rr company in the garage. 1285ccs of twin torque with very comparable top end to a s1000rr, and no question, the sexiest looking panigale ever made.
I owned a 1299 - it's an oven and reliability is questionable (tons of coolant lines that leak and are nearly impossible to access). The 2022 V4 blows it away in every respect with possible exception of low end torque

·
Registered
933 Posts
I owned an 1198 which did cook your balls . NOT a beginer bike but reliable (change steel clutch hub with billet aluminum =much better acceleration but still has engine momentum to pull you through corners =keep around town ridability)
Ducati V4s doesnt cook your nuts but right leg can get hot in traffic jam .

Z00 the Ducati v4s is a great bike but also try the Apriia rsv4, Both are incredible bikes . imo the Aprilia rsv4 isnt faster but easier to go fast on at track days ,BUT being i have not ridden 2021 or 2022 v4s i could be wrong .

Zoo imagine bike so good you dont have to do ANYTHING to the bike lolol....Confession ... I did like the ..Race Seat brand... seat i installed on my v4s . More comfy and easier to move side to side

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.