BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Today I signed a contract of a S1000RR (white/blue/red) to be delivered week 16 (in 2 weeks).

I have all my life, almost, been riding Honda motorcycle (and still will since I have 2 which I will keep) and until a while ago didn´t think of any other brand. But then I read a lot about S1000RR and also tested one and fell for it! I just hope that I will be as good frend with this bike as I am with my old CBR600 (-97) on the tracks!

By the way anyone who knows if it´s possible to switch geardirection (no 1 up and rest down) without opening the gearbox (incl. removing the engine) AND which footpegs shall I by to get my knee higher up in the tank (I have short legs and need more/better contact with the tank)?

Best Regards!
// Niklas (Sweden)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Add me to the list. Never imagined myself being one of those "BMW guys." I rode the bike just because I could and I was curious. Never imagined I'd end up wanting one that day...Mine will be picked up Wednesday!!! Can't wait. Congrats and enjoy.

Shane

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just over a year ago i said ..i only ride rockets from the land of the rising sun ... Now a got the s-1 and a kenny roberts rz

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
The last New BMW I purchased was in 1975 a 1976 R90S.
It was $3400 out the door.

I have had a few used ones since then.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi!

Today I signed a contract of a S1000RR (white/blue/red) to be delivered week 16 (in 2 weeks).

I have all my life, almost, been riding Honda motorcycle (and still will since I have 2 which I will keep) and until a while ago didn´t think of any other brand. But then I read a lot about S1000RR and also tested one and fell for it! I just hope that I will be as good frend with this bike as I am with my old CBR600 (-97) on the tracks!
That's how I felt - Rice rockets all the way...until I saw the S1000RR, found it was the same list price as an R1...and looked like the future, rather than a 600 with welding tanks for exhaust pipes

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have all my life, almost, been riding Honda motorcycle (and still will since I have 2 which I will keep) and until a while ago didn´t think of any other brand.
Yes! Exactly! I rode my CBR1000 with a dozen guys in the BMW Thoroughbreds Club (Northeast NY, USA), but I couldn't see myself riding one. I intended to replace the CBR with an 1198S--a drop-dead gorgeous bike. I only have room for 2 bikes...:( Otherwise, the CBR would still be out in the driveway.

Then, after seeing the S 1000 RR on the back of American Motorcyclist, doubts started to creep into my thinking. After riding them both, my choice was easy. I bought the BMW.

·
Registered
214 Posts
dukes are nice to look at and if you ve got the coin the top models are impossible to go past but the reality is for value the BMW is up there

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too never thought I'd be a BMW bike owner. However, that all changed 4 years ago when I picked up my K1200R! I fell in love with the bike and was extremely impressed with the engineering...

Yesterday I picked up my new S1000RR and can honestly say that I am hooked on BMW's now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts