BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. 2020 did not start well for me. At this point I wish I could start over. It is 3am going on 4am as I write this. I have not slept for 24 hours. You get my current mental state.

I received my new K67 at the start of January. I was very excited. I had waited quite a while. It was also my birthday in January. A good birthday present. I ran it in quickly and did 2 local twisty runs. Just day rides. I then decided to do a quick over night trip with a friend interstate. The bike was 3 weeks old with around 2000kms. All my accessories fitted. We rode for a day and did around maybe 400 or 500kms. Then stayed in a small town and had dinner at a local pub. The next day we started on our way back home. This was the first time we had been back to these areas after the fires. The roads literally opened the weekend we decided to go. About 2 hours into the ride. I was riding down a long straight piece of road with a clear line of sight. I decided to open her up. Head in the dash and tucked in. Top end of 6th WOT. You get the idea. Then from no where. 2 cows run onto the road. I had no where to go and no time to do anything at that speed. I'm staring at 2 cows blocking the whole road while hurtling toward them. I sat up and grabbed the front brake. The rear started to lift immediately. I let off the brake to bring it back down. I then had to make a judgement call. Aim for the gap between the 2 cows. Or hit one straight in the middle. I managed to hit the gap. Hitting 1 cow in the head with my left leg and the bike. Narrowly missing the other cows a$$. I managed to stay on the bike and came out the other side still on the bike. The line I took to hit the gap meant I ended up in the ditch on the side of the road. I stayed on for a while until the front eventually washed out on the grass. I slid a long while holding onto the bike. Once I stopped. I got up and had a look around. The cow was dead. My bike badly damaged. My left leg and ankle were throbbing and my right wrist felt very sore with no use of my right hand at all. I limped off the road. My friend eventually arrived to see what had happened. After this I got a ride back into town about 10 mins back down the road. I then waited for 4 hours for my brother to pick me up with the bike as well. We then drove 4 hours to my dads house to drop the bike off. Then my wife drove me back home to a hospital about 3 hours later. They did xrays on my wrist and ankle. No breaks or fractures. Just bruising. Also bruised ribs and a lot of whiplash. I rested at home for 2 weeks thinking I would be ok. I then went to see a doctor for a check up. He recommended I get a CT scan as small fractures in the wrist will not show. Turned out to be a broken wrist. Plaster cast for 6 weeks. Currently 1 week into that now. I also think i have a fractured ankle and toe as they still feel very sore. I will need to get them checked. The bike has been written off. None available for 4 months.

This was already bad enough. Coupled with some very expensive bills that were not planned for and not known about. Money was and is an issue.

I then was called into work for a meeting regarding some normal procedures. Nothing out of the ordinary. My wife had to drive me in as I cannot drive. I have now been told I do not have a job. Due to me being on a contract that is renewed every year. They can chose not to renew. With no reason given. They did not provide one. 4 years of my absolute heart and soul into this job. It is my life. As most of you know. To then be told that you are no longer wanted and given no reason. It really hurts. I am however actually aware of why this decision was made. It involves some very corrupt behavior and breach of policy. That I called out and blew the whistle on. No one supported me in this movement. I did it alone. Mean while the offenders get off with nothing and I now have no job. I am not the sort of person to just let things happen that are completely wrong. I will stand up to anyone even if it means losing my job. I do not regret what I did. Unfortunately this is what happens in big business. They want people who will just do as their told and look the other way.

A new chapter is born. We shall see what it brings.

I love this forum. I love you guys. Thank you for your kind words over the years.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wow. I am so sorry that happened to you! Glad you are OK and as depressing as this can be, just keep your head up and something better will come along.

I hate when bad people get off easy and those of us that stand up for what’s right end up always having an uphill battle.

We’re here for you anyway we can be.

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Wow... a 'like' is only an indication of .. WOW.. I always say that things happen for a reason in life. situations and events are what we make life experiences out of. Many people on this forum never knew I lost my left leg above knee in a motorcycle accident just because I dont care to share the information about it. Thinking to tell a story is to relive the story again, and again. This is my point of your story. You have lived it. You will learn from it. You will overcome and move on to better things. I personally hope it is BMW in some way. You show good loyalty in your life style and heart. Its going to be ok because you are going to make it ok. Then there is a support system in place these days to help with life challenges. We all wish the best for you and your new wife.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I am really sorry to hear what happened. What I really hate is that everything is measured with $$$$$ and this is the only thing that matters. Dishonesty, trickery all for the MONEY, the big boss of our life.
I haven't met you but I appreciate your opinion in this forum. Hope you recover soon. Be healthy first and then everything else will get better.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Very sorry. I'm impressed that you're taking it all as well as you seem to be. I'd be a mess myself.

Time will fix most of it, and I hope you get to piss on their graves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm new over here, but still very sorry to read what happened to you over the past weeks.

If you look at the bright side:
  • you're not badly injured (and I hope you'll fully recover)
  • you stood up for the cause you believed in at work, and that's absolutely admirable, there should be more people like you mate. They didn't renew your contract, but they surely lost one of their best asset!
  • I'm sure your wife and family will support you as best as they can, and so do we
Better days will come for sure and all the sh1t that happened will make you stronger than ever!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would much rather be able to look at myself in the mirror and be proud of who I am than be that person who cant. Everything can be replaced - a job, money, etc. Its all dust anyways. What cant be replaced is your self respect. Good for you. Those that are true to u will respect u and love u further...those that arent, dont matter.
Good luck with your recovery, and stay strong.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
If you started a go-fund-me page, and everyone on this forum gave $10.00, I think some of your issues might be solved...I know I would certainly give some! If we cant help out one of our own, then we have big problems!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
If you started a go-fund-me page, and everyone on this forum gave $10.00, I think some of your issues might be solved...I know I would certainly give some! If we cant help out one of our own, then we have big problems!!
Great idea! I bet bennymx's contributions to the forum have saved everyone at least $10 in dealer expenses or aggravation dealing with some bike issue. And he's a good guy. I'm in.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the generous offer but I couldn't accept anything. It is of my own doing and I will wear the consequences I guess. Thank you everyone for the support. I will eventually heal from this as time goes on. But its still very raw. I feel like a part of me has died. My S1000 and my job with the brand has been my life. To lose both within a month. Its hard to swallow.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
i was sad to read this. I've been let go over the years with contract work... it sucks, especially with a position you love. Office politics are the worse and more times than not submissive behavior is what they want. However, I am sure things will turn around for you because of the type of person you are... I don't know you personally, but I think you can tell a lot about someone from their posts and I have always been impressed with your knowledge and willingness to share. You stand out on this forum and you will in your life also. No doubt it hurts, but hang in there, rely on family and friends, and I wish you the best!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Well my friend...I need to pay it forward. It doesnt matter if it was of your own doing, everyone at one point or another in their life needs a helping hand. I got mine, and now you need yours.

·
4,605 Posts
Those closest to us hurt us the most. Sorry to hear, glad the injuries are not life threatening and you're still typing (actually better than some people with healthy wrists).
It's good you discovered this about BMW now before spending more years and finding out when it is too late. Take a deep breath, bike and job and can be replaced, but not your body.

@BMW_388
How do you know Benny has a new wife? Damn, he goes throw wives faster than he goes through bikes JK....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m new here but I also appreciate you for your way of thinking and all the posts I have read on this forum.
I am sure that you will get over all the problems because the univers is just preparing us for what is to come. New opportunities will arise as you learn from experience.
Also if Craig’s suggestion will come to life - I will also contribute.
Be well my friend!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am new also, and reiterated from above you contribute to the forum in the greatest way providing free knowledge and experience. The bad acts of those around us do not make us into the same bad people. Stand strong for what you believe in and may good fortune come your way.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts