BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 s1000rr with 12,800 km on it. What are the expected problems that I should be looking out for ? And what can I do to avoid problems with the bike ? What are important services I need to do

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oil and filter every 10,000 kilometers, do it now so that you know it has fresh oil. Valve inspection and fork oil at 30,000. No huge problems, some earlier bikes (2010s I think) had soft camshafts which wore down very quickly. Clean, lubricate, and adjust the chain every 1000ish kilmometers.... They're fun, enjoy!

·
Vendor
3,164 Posts
I just bought a 2011 s1000rr with 12,800 km on it. What are the expected problems that I should be looking out for ? And what can I do to avoid problems with the bike ? What are important services I need to do
Do more research with the search function will yield you more results in advise and fixes.

Preventive maintenance is the first step. If you brought it used you have no clue how often the oil / filter was even changed.

Reactions: raayy1999

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike came with zero service records unfortunately. And yes thank you I will do that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oil and filter every 10,000 kilometers, do it now so that you know it has fresh oil. Valve inspection and fork oil at 30,000. No huge problems, some earlier bikes (2010s I think) had soft camshafts which wore down very quickly. Clean, lubricate, and adjust the chain every 1000ish kilmometers.... They're fun, enjoy!
thank you so much will do

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would recommend checking to see if the previous owner got the recall done on the ignition switch and also the kickstand. My first bmw was a 2011 S1000RR amazing bike, pretty much bulletproof providing you treat her well. Congratz !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts