BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy maintaining my bikes as much as riding them. If anyone else likes to do their own service and lives in driving distance to Pasadena let me know if you want to rent it.

For $100 you can use it for 1 vin when you need it. When you borrow it you will need to leave a $400 refundable deposit. If more than 4 people join me I will use the additional $ to buy BMW specialty tools that can be borrowed as well.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I paid my local dealer $40 for a vin. It was a deal they worked out with another customer. The dealer would have done everything that the gs911 had done at no charge. That wsn't an option because I have a flash.

No offense but $100 seems kind of steep....and then to require a $400 deposit to borrow instead of the $300 cost difference...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand $100 is high. My purpose is to share the cost of the tool between a few people. I'm not trying to make money on renting it. Any extra that may come will go directly towards other service tools (brake bleader and spreader, castle socket, shim kit, front and rear Pitbulls(already bought)) that can be borrowed too.

I sprung for the wifi version that only needs your phone. It's cost was $399 hence the $400 deposit. I just want to know that I will get it back as others that have invested with me will expect that I don't loose it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts