BMW S1000RR Forum banner

I FINALLY got to ride the 2020 on the track....IMPRESSIVE

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  GJB 
#1 ·
I was at Barber this weekend coaching for an event. A friend of a friend has a 2020 with all the bells/whistles that had been tuned (by who not sure yet) and full Akro)...when I said, "How many testicles do I have to sell for a few laps?" He told me to go ride it.

Now remember, I have a 2016 that has the XWorks tune, full exhaust running about 110 octane fuel. It's not a shabby bike at all, and I thought it was pretty fast - BUT

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!

That bike takes off like a gutshot cat, and just keeps pulling harder and harder. I had the front tire off the ground all the way thru third gear and into fourth on corner exits. And the front is SOOOOOO much lighter and SOOOO easier to tip in. And flickablity? Wow. It would walk my bike down the straight in shame!

The ergonomics are better too - and they finally got the seat flat! When I climbed on it, i was instantly comfortable. The transition between the two was immediate. I also feel like there is more distance between the seat and the footpeg...

I didn't ride it REALLY hard (because it's not mine) but I got about two decent laps out of it.

When I came in, I parked it beside my bike which was still out on hot pit, calmly climbed off the bike, took my helmet off, spit on my finger, and wrote "FOR SALE" on my windscreen...

Man I am in LOVE with that bike! I set a personal best this weekend (the new surface ROCKS), but I'll bet that I've got 2-3 more seconds off if I were on that 2020....Never buy a bike in the first year, but the second one hummm... :)

See less See more
#4 ·
I was at Barber this weekend coaching for an event. A friend of a friend has a 2020 with all the bells/whistles that had been tuned (by who not sure yet) and full Akro)...when I said, "How many testicles do I have to sell for a few laps?" He told me to go ride it.

Now remember, I have a 2016 that has the XWorks tune, full exhaust running about 110 octane fuel. It's not a shabby bike at all, and I thought it was pretty fast - BUT

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!

That bike takes off like a gutshot cat, and just keeps pulling harder and harder. I had the front tire off the ground all the way thru third gear and into fourth on corner exits. And the front is SOOOOOO much lighter and SOOOO easier to tip in. And flickablity? Wow. It would walk my bike down the straight in shame!

The ergonomics are better too - and they finally got the seat flat! When I climbed on it, i was instantly comfortable. The transition between the two was immediate. I also feel like there is more distance between the seat and the footpeg...

I didn't ride it REALLY hard (because it's not mine) but I got about two decent laps out of it.

When I came in, I parked it beside my bike which was still out on hot pit, calmly climbed off the bike, took my helmet off, spit on my finger, and wrote "FOR SALE" on my windscreen...

Man I am in LOVE with that bike! I set a personal best this weekend (the new surface ROCKS), but I'll bet that I've got 2-3 more seconds off if I were on that 2020....Never buy a bike in the first year, but the second one hummm...
I was there! Whose bike are you on?! What group do you ride in?

#6 ·
I was riding for myself Sat/Sun in A, and was lead Novice instructor on Monday when I got to ride it...bad part was a very slow student needed a tow right as I went out to catch her group, and I had to lead her about 4 laps before she caught up with her group...then I got to go ride it. The tires had cooled off so I had to be cautious in the corners....

#7 ·
So, the REAL question is...how many testicles DID it cost you? LOL :)

#8 ·
I got the chance to ride the pre-production European bikes again, this time at Aragon, with RSE last week. I still liked everything about them, except the brake shudder at the end of the long back straight. Did you notice this on the production US bike that you rode? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.