BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little back story...skip below if you think you can help.

I knew I should have done it the first time around, but me being me, decided to buy the arrow full system instead because I thought it would look better. I guess it did...at first. After having a full Akra on my 2014, I really fell in love with the sound of that long can screaming, and that deep rumble at idle...it's like the iconic exhaust for this platform.

So I found a fellow on the forum that is supposed to buy my arrow exhaust this weekend, and while I don't want to be bike-less for a perfect Southern California Weekend, pulled the trigger on the Akrapovic Racing line full system. The game plan is to pull off the Arrow for the fellow to buy, and pop the akra on right afterwards and have her ready to go for saturday. However. I never did get the bike tuned with the Arrow system on there, ran it for about 1,000 miles and I KNEW it was lacking some power. I don't really buy the adaptive ECU idea. Sure it might adapt enough to not blow up the motor. But it could definitely use a little more pep in it's step.

***My Question***
What would you guys reccomend for the most cost effective, most noticable gains in power route of tuning this bad boy

-dynojet/bazzaz w/ custom tune on dyno
-rapid bike
-BMW HP flash by dealer

These are the only options I am open to. Not throwing any names out there, but I am not sending my ECU out to be flashed by anyone...had an ECU bite the dust that way.

Any input is appreciated, looking for honest opinions of what you all have!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rapid Bike Evo Auto Tune

I installed the BMW HP Akrapovic titanium system on my 2014RR. I decided upon the Rapid Bike EVO Autotune system was the Best for me.
The prospect of having the bike tuned by me or a Tuner did not interest me.
The Autotune system works great for me. The bike has a much stronger mid range and overall a much stronger throttle response.
I'm not concerned about making maximum horsepower,just improved ride ability on the street and track days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
***My Question***
What would you guys reccomend for the most cost effective, most noticable gains in power route of tuning this bad boy

-dynojet/bazzaz w/ custom tune on dyno
-rapid bike
-BMW HP flash by dealer

These are the only options I am open to. Not throwing any names out there, but I am not sending my ECU out to be flashed by anyone...had an ECU bite the dust that way.

Any input is appreciated, looking for honest opinions of what you all have!
I own a '17 with full Akra like you (+K&N air filter). I just installed a Bazzaz Z-FI and Dyno tuned it Monday. Went from 179hp at the wheels to 195 after Dyno tuning. Best option IMO. Do not go for BMW Hp4 module by dealer: way to expensive and you do not get half the performances from the Bazzaz option (that info comes directy from my BMW dealer head mechanic who I am friend with)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
What didn't you like about the rapidbike? And did you have the autotune module with it?
I was the other way round, had a PCV with AutoTune, changed to a Rapidbike with MyTuningBike and works for me.
Has the evo. It was ok. But made 190. Map looked like someone just spiked up and down random numbers. Never felt smooth. Followed internet advice. Changed to the race module.

That after about 10 mins felt better. But turn off the bike for a minute and it felt lumpy for the first few mins. Couldn't dyno it as it was hitting a cut at 12k that rapidbike UK or America could solve. But would rev put on the road.

I tried every suggestion nothing improved it.

My dyno fella is the same fella who does the isle of man and northwest bikes. Has vast experience. He used to sell rapidbike but dropped them over reliably. Sed swap to pcv. Despite at this stage the general internet saying Pcv will not work right. And you needed all sorts of modules and auto tunes.

In the end I buckled and went with a single module. And it made 195hp and silky smooth. And has never changed.

Only issue was on the dyno it was reducing throttle to 90% for last 2-3k revs in 6th. (Cant remember 100%)

I'll be getting it on again as he thinks it's only in 6th and if we dyno it again in 5th we will see the true power. As difference in a half mile roll on in 3rd was rapidbike 169 pcv 177 (indicated).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rapidbike custom dyno tune here. With just a slip on 180 rwhp on my 2014.
Full Akro should make 190+

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up making 181.82hp on the dyno with a PCV, Full Akrapovic racing exhuast, and sprint P08 air filter. Feel like that's pretty bad.

·
Vendor
2,627 Posts
Ended up making 181.82hp on the dyno with a PCV, Full Akrapovic racing exhuast, and sprint P08 air filter. Feel like that's pretty bad.
You should have went with RCK3/HP Power kit. Forum member I just did his ECU last month just sent me his dyno results on his 2018 and it was 196 at the rear tire. He was even using my favorite Arrow Exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Find a local dyno guy and use the module that he's familiar with. Things will work out.
that is what iam doing i trust my guy and he has a solid reputation so i have the full akro system and he is using a BREN tune he said he likes , he knows it better than i so iam letting him go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts