BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Sweet...works like a charm with clone drive!! Thank you!!

Hey Slim, the GBR bolts supplied are steel and the stocks are aluminum, hence the different torque specs. Also the lengths of the GBR bolts are different,I'm sure you've noticed, which would affect torque as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
yes ive noticed that, but if ive got 3 bolts at 10nm, and 2 at 3, thats most deffinitly an uneven torque value and to be honest im surprised its not leaking. i do torquing for a living believe it or not, hydraulic torquing, tensioning, you name it. and this boggles my mind. haha

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I don't think anyone with GBR covers has complained of leakage due to a warped cover as a result of the case saver install, at least to my knowledge. Remember that sealant, that's now fully cured, has done so under factory torque specs which would have yielded even sealing. I could see if you removed the cover and had to re-seal.

·
Registered
596 Posts
all i know is, from my piping expierience, if say 12 bolts are under even torque, and then i over torque 4 bolts, it will put a cowboy hat in the flange and it will leak under NDT hydro testing, thats why im worried. i know my crank case is running zero pressure though.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Many many thanks... worked like a charm...

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
+10000 for this. I love to work on my own bikes when I can. The best gift my Dad got me was an original Service manual and Supplements for my 1985 Japanese GSXR 750 import. That's my next huge project. Full restore.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

101 - 111 of 111 Posts