BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the Akra race link pipe and wondering if they have the shorty pipe that fits it also? I know the piping on the HP4 is a different diameter than the S1KRR, just wondering if Akra or any other companies are making slip ons for the HP4?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont think the slip-on shorty will fit the mid-pipe due to size

the regular S1000RR shorty will not. What im asking is, does anyone make a slip on specifically for the HP4? im aware of the size issues which is why Im asking and was in my orginal question. what I want to know, is if any company makes a slip on SPECIFICALLY for the HP4 or is my only option to keep the stock can or replace the entire exhaust set up?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The only one I am familiar with is Austin Racing. They have a few different cans that replace the cat pipe and slip on to the HP4 OEM headers. Not sure if there are any other companies.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only one I am familiar with is Austin Racing. They have a few different cans that replace the cat pipe and slip on to the HP4 OEM headers. Not sure if there are any other companies.

yeah but ive heard some not so good things about them as a company. i dont get why akra hasnt made a shorty for the hp4 yet...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Except for one random online guy I have heard nothing but good things about AR. I finally got to see one of their cans in person as well, definitely what I am getting.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah ive heard great things about their sound and looks etc. but also some shady business practices and issues with warranty claims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can still use the S1000rr slip ons. since theyre 60mm diameter, it will fit into the linkpipe instead of slotting it outside as usual. You will need to customise brackets and use Clamps to mount and secure the muffler.

On the other hand, SC project can customise a CRT Muffler to fit the Hp4 65mm link pipe.

Austin racing too can customise one for you to fit the akra linkpipe.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Is it possible to use the mid-pipe from an S1000RR in the HP4 system in order to then use the Shorty? I can get just the Akra titanium mid-pipe from an RR and on paper it looks like it would work or am I missing something?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible to use the mid-pipe from an S1000RR in the HP4 system in order to then use the Shorty? I can get just the Akra titanium mid-pipe from an RR and on paper it looks like it would work or am I missing something?

thats a great question, that I dont know the answer to. but that would be ideal for me if you could do that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Can someone with experience fill me in on the issue? I can get the mid-pipe and shorty from a S1000RR full titanium Akra system. What is the reason this won't work? Are we talking angles? Pipe diameters?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can someone with experience fill me in on the issue? I can get the mid-pipe and shorty from a S1000RR full titanium Akra system. What is the reason this won't work? Are we talking angles? Pipe diameters?

pipe diameters are off by 5mm with the HP4

1 - 20 of 45 Posts