BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
[MENTION=70546]
Where in the service manual did you find this image?
On topic in case OP needs the part in question.
Anyone know where I can purchase the plastic frame mount that "1" and the other electrical plug above mount too? also what is the other plug for? One is for the throttle valves and the other..........DDC? I am mising that other plug so I am assuming it is for DDC since my picture is not from an HP4

·
Administrator
7,786 Posts
It is called a plug in connection bracket. Part number: 61 13 1 382 105. The other plug above it, is listed for 2010-2014 bikes as "for the pulse generator for speedometer". I think it may have been for models without ABS/DTC and wheel speed sensors. The pictures aren't always relflective of what is on a bike.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This thing done yet???

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Well he has gone dark. As some noted I think he may have realized how much more difficult it is to find and bring back Franken-4 back to life.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Bought a frame and bunch of parts from a guy out of Florida, took some parts I had, then the guts of a wrecked bike. I had dymag carbon fiber wheels, and left over brembo levers, brembo master cylinder, etc from my 2011 and 2015. Pretty much stock though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well he has gone dark. As some noted I think he may have realized how much more difficult it is to find and bring back Franken-4 back to life.
It is running and has nearly all the parts, so he may have just chosen to not get on the forum anymore. I sold him my fairings and talked to him for quite a bit about his progress a couple months ago...

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
It is running and has nearly all the parts, so he may have just chosen to not get on the forum anymore. I sold him my fairings and talked to him for quite a bit about his progress a couple months ago...
Thanks for the filler. Hope he pops up and shows up the final results.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Well I know he has all of the fairings because I sold him my complete set! haha!

LOL. Sorry for leaving you guys in suspense !! Just need to pair up the ECU & new cluster and tie up some small loose ends here and there. Have all the needed parts. I have a small business and it's been too busy for my own good so the bike took a back seat unfortunately. Now that warmer weather is upon us I will pickup the trail. THANKS for the support everybody !! Will definately post updates when time allows !!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm in for the final result. Seems like it's been a while. I'm curious because I've been toying with the idea of buying a salvage s1000rr to rebuild and use strictly as a track bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s pretty crazy. Well done, they’re amazing bikes and worth it in my opinion to do such a crazy rebuild. I’ll be doing one myself hopefully.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
LOL. Sorry for leaving you guys in suspense !! Just need to pair up the ECU & new cluster and tie up some small loose ends
Ummm... @BMW_388 could have had that issue fixed long ago. Latest excuse? :frown2: Best restore thread ever. You need to finish it. :wink2:

Reactions: BMW_388

·
Vendor
3,680 Posts
I am not sure where William is on this rebuild. I actually did marry his ECU and Cluster. I also updated the ESA since it was needed at the time also for the mating. I learned at that point the K42 ESA is nothing like the K46 and they do not interchange in communication with the cluster. The K42 is also its own protocol communication on the CAN Bus. This is one reason the K42 HP4 stuff does not interchange with the base S1000RR 12-14.

I hope William is doing well.

Reactions: SRod321

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I am not sure where William is on this rebuild. I actually did marry his ECU and Cluster. I also updated the ESA since it was needed at the time also for the mating. I learned at that point the K42 ESA is nothing like the K46 and they do not interchange in communication with the cluster. The K42 is also its own protocol communication on the CAN Bus. This is one reason the K42 HP4 stuff does not interchange with the base S1000RR 12-14.

I hope William is doing well.
Guys,

My new excuse is I lost motivation. haha!! We added a 2 new boys , for a total of 3 to the family. My business has been keeping me busy as well. I have new found motivation to finish the project. Been working on it a couple hours a day so far. Just put the chain on. I believe i have all the parts except a scan tool, frame sliders, and the throttle body clamps. Maybe some other small items I am not thinking of. It does start and idle well so that is a plus.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts