BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Sorry for the slow progress , time has not been on my side. Had a couple hours to spare so got her standing on her own two wheels today. For those asking, everything in the picture is from the original bike except the frame. Will install the handlebars and engine next. Have all the parts needed except the left side handlebar controls and right side HP4 fairing and also upper tail fairing. Have almost everything else.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Incredible progress

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
c

Thanks!

Made more progress this weekend. Sorry for the lack or pictures, just concentrated on working.

Engine installed, Throttle Body installed, ABS and Battery Tray installed, Wiring Harness installed,rear Sets Installed, Rear Brake & Shifter installed. That's about it for today. Cleaning and inspecting the parts takes a good while. Trying to find the routing and correct pigtails for the wiring harness takes even longer.

For all those wondering about cost, as you see the bike pictured, most everything on the bike at the moment came from the original bike. Everything except the wiring harness $150, airbox $25, tach $500, Ignition switch $75, frame $500 , throttle body $150.

So as the bike is pictures I have $1400 in parts I had to purchase.

Still need maybe another $200 worth of spark plugs, oil, coolant, hoses, etc to be able to start the engine. Will order those soon.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
c

Thanks!

Made more progress this weekend. Sorry for the lack or pictures, just concentrated on working.

Engine installed, Throttle Body installed, ABS and Battery Tray installed, Wiring Harness installed,rear Sets Installed, Rear Brake & Shifter installed. That's about it for today. Cleaning and inspecting the parts takes a good while. Trying to find the routing and correct pigtails for the wiring harness takes even longer.

For all those wondering about cost, as you see the bike pictured, most everything on the bike at the moment came from the original bike. Everything except the wiring harness $150, airbox $25, tach $500, Ignition switch $75, frame $500 , throttle body $150.

So as the bike is pictures I have $1400 in parts I had to purchase.

Still need maybe another $200 worth of spark plugs, oil, coolant, hoses, etc to be able to start the engine. Will order those soon.

You sir are a magician! Have you ever considered going on the show: Fool Us with Penn and Teller? How you have done this would definitely fool them. Seriously, you fooled the doubters of your first post including me. I would never have the patience for this project. All I have to say now is when it it is up and running, you better keep it and enjoy the fruits of your labor. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
9,682 Posts
I have to agree with ^^^^^. I wouldn't have the patience or skills to do this.

What other parts do you need for the project. I'll look in my parts bin to see if I have anything to donate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have to agree with ^^^^^. I wouldn't have the patience or skills to do this.

What other parts do you need for the project. I'll look in my parts bin to see if I have anything to donate.
Thanks for the support fellas!! The past year has mainly just been buying parts. Now it's time to get in gear. I do need a lot of small items still as well as a couple big ones.

I am in need of

HP4 upper tail fairing
HP4 right side fairing
HP4 left clip on controls
Left side clip on

Small items I need

the black breather box on the left side of the engine that connects to the main air box
Don't know their names or purposes but a few of the black plastic brackets that possibly hold wires or plugs are broken.
Front ABS sensor
Throttle cables
Random screws, washers, rubber grommets

For the life of me I cannot figure out the routing of the brake line that goes from the master cylinder to the ABS unit. It might be bent out of shape. Need some guidance or pictures if possible.

Also if anybody knows, couple of the throttle body plugs accept the same pig tail, how can I tell where to plug them in?

Also if possible , I'd like to change the name of this thread to HP4 resurrection, rebuild thread and move it to the appropriate forum if possible instead of "introductions" :]:grin2:

·
Administrator
7,447 Posts
Thanks for the support fellas!! The past year has mainly just been buying parts. Now it's time to get in gear. I do need a lot of small items still as well as a couple big ones.

I am in need of

HP4 upper tail fairing
HP4 right side fairing
HP4 left clip on controls
Left side clip on

Small items I need

the black breather box on the left side of the engine that connects to the main air box
Don't know their names or purposes but a few of the black plastic brackets that possibly hold wires or plugs are broken.
Front ABS sensor
Throttle cables
Random screws, washers, rubber grommets

For the life of me I cannot figure out the routing of the brake line that goes from the master cylinder to the ABS unit. It might be bent out of shape. Need some guidance or pictures if possible.

Also if anybody knows, couple of the throttle body plugs accept the same pig tail, how can I tell where to plug them in?

Also if possible , I'd like to change the name of this thread to HP4 resurrection, rebuild thread and move it to the appropriate forum if possible instead of "introductions" :]:grin2:

@William Morrow I have moved and renamed your thread.

Here is how to mount the front brake line.

As for the throttle body plugs. The front one is for the twist grip sensor and plugs in at the front left of the bike. Outside the frame. Number 1 and 2 Here:

The throttle valve sensor is on the inside of the frame on the left hand side. Numbers 3 and 4 in the above pic. Also here:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Starting to look a little more like a bike now. Original HP4 headers were in great shape. Installed them. I could have reused the stock HP4 catalytic converter also but purchased a test pipe from a fellow member (thanks).

I installed a like new radiator also, and gas tank to try and get her started. Starter Would not crank over. Will have to get a code reader to see why I suppose.

Added
Gas tank $250
Radiator $250
Oil $20
Coolant $15

101 - 120 of 137 Posts