BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey William from Charlotte NC here. Just stumbled ( literally) over a wrecked 2014 HP4 while browsing an auction lot and always wanted an S1000RR. Fell in love with it and knew I was meant to give it new life. Was lucky enough to win the bidding and took it home. Let the rebuilding begin. I'll be on the parts classifieds page here and maybe even a build update thread. Look forward to learning more about this bike. My current ride is an 04 r1.

If you have any source on used parts I may need please contact me. Thank you.

William 3366935340

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Yikes! You've got your work cut out for you.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
resurrecting more than a rebuilding.

·
Vendor
3,680 Posts
I hope you only gave $500 for that salvaged amount of parts you have laying there.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I might be off but it looks like almost every part is damaged , scratched , or sun faded. I doubt the engine is salvageable from the hit that frame took , unless it was purposely cut - hard to tell.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Interesting project. I hope you keep us updated. There seems to be a steady flow of parted out bikes on this forum. Just keep checking the classifieds.

Is the frame broken from the wreck, or was it cut for salvage purposes?

Oh and, that will not buff out!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
You've got a forum full of knowledge and onlookers offering to help.

Just ask and ye shall receive.

Like most, I am in awe of your ambition.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-bl

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You know...if a person wanted to "wind up" a forum, this would be as good a vehicle (no pun intended) as any to do it.

Gotta be a joke. "Fell in love with it..."?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know...if a person wanted to "wind up" a forum, this would be as good a vehicle (no pun intended) as any to do it.

Gotta be a joke. "Fell in love with it..."?
I'll be honest guys, all the negativity here is pretty sad. Thought some people would enjoy seeing such a great bike being restored instead of parted out just to make a few dollars.

This may come as a surprise to people who are scared of fixing things, but as a former automotive technician, there is no better sense of accomplishment than restoring such an iconic motorcycle.

I was going to create and keep updated a build thread but I guess this proves not to waste my time. I'll just stick on the classifieds since this website would hold no other benefit to me as it seems.

Thank you.
William

·
Super Moderator
9,684 Posts
New HP4 owner

I'll be honest guys, all the negativity here is pretty sad. Thought some people would enjoy seeing such a great bike being restored instead of parted out just to make a few dollars.

I'm all about resorting and rebuilding bikes. I've done it myself. I just don't see how something like this rebuilt. I'm just shocked that this can be repaired. How does one fix the frame?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm all about resorting and rebuilding bikes. I've done it myself. I just don't see how something like this rebuilt. I'm just shocked that this can be repaired. How does one fix the frame?
It surprises me that you would assume that I would attempt to fix a frame that is split in two pieces. According to my research all 2009-2014 s1000rr frames can be used. Sourcing a used frame for would be the biggest expense. Having priced out the majority of the parts needed to complete this motorcycle, I estimate having 6-7 thousand dollars invested in total. Seems like current market values for the HP4 competition are near double that.

·
Super Moderator
9,684 Posts
New HP4 owner

So what's actually useable on this bike? Why not just buy all the components separately? How do you actually "rebuild" this bike? I would think the frame, engine, and suspension most expensive comportments.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts