BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... Willie at SJ Bmw worked something out with BMW and snagged an HP4 race for his rider Cory Call to race AFM events in 2018. I didn't ask but am assuming a Moto America event may be involved as well. I don't envy Cory. He has to win (given the equipment) but can't crash because the budget probably won't allow for frame replacement.

I've only gone to a few AFM races in the past few years. :frown2: I'll be attending all of them in 2018 to watch a great guy race the best BMW has to offer this year. :grin2:

Anyone want to go with?

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Sooo... Willie at SJ Bmw worked something out with BMW and snagged an HP4 race for his rider Cory Call to race AFM events in 2018. I didn't ask but am assuming a Moto America event may be involved as well. I don't envy Cory. He has to win (given the equipment) but can't crash because the budget probably won't allow for frame replacement.

I've only gone to a few AFM races in the past few years. :frown2: I'll be attending all of them in 2018 to watch a great guy race the best BMW has to offer this year. :grin2:

Anyone want to go with?
sweet, you're coming out to watch me?!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, you're coming out to watch me?!

There is a slim possibility we'll be going against each other in the clubman class. I'll be there but probably just to show you my hind quarters depending on the track. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
well there are three? rounds at buttonwillow...which is a track i've never been to

going to take the NRS at buttonwillow round 1...going to ride buttonwillow for the first time 2/19 with lets ride...as long as my shock arrives!!

so i expect a tow around buttonwillow :D

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there are three? rounds at buttonwillow...which is a track i've never been to

going to take the NRS at buttonwillow round 1...going to ride buttonwillow for the first time 2/19 with lets ride...as long as my shock arrives!!

so i expect a tow around buttonwillow :D
LOL... I've never been there. Blame OC! He calls it Butt and S-hole. I'm doing NRS at at Sonoma end of Feb with PTT. Everything else to be determined. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
LOL... I've never been there. Blame OC! He calls it Butt and S-hole. I'm doing NRS at at Sonoma end of Feb with PTT. Everything else to be determined. :laugh:
BW is a pretty fun and fast track, comparable lap times to Thill. Turn 2 is sketchy on the inside, wheelie bump is self explanatory, and the bus stop thingy can catch ya out if on the wrong line. Other than that..its a flat track with a lot of run off if you make a boo boo.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts

Anyone want to go with?
Cory is gonna be a busy guy, I saw he will be in Pike's peak too.
The bike winner last year, "rookie" Fillmore will swap from the 1290 Super Duke he blitzed on last year, to the all new 790 R Duke, for this year's event.

He likely will win again, if the new bike lives up to the hype.

No idea what West will be piloting, do you? R9T?

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cory is gonna be a busy guy, I saw he will be in Pike's peak too.
The bike winner last year, "rookie" Fillmore will swap from the 1290 Super Duke he blitzed on last year, to the all new 790 R Duke, for this year's event.

He likely will win again, if the new bike lives up to the hype.

No idea what West will be piloting, do you? R9T?
Mmmm... I'm guessing you have your "Corys" confused. Cory Call is not Cory West. Another friend made that mistake talking about last year's Daytona 200. Cory Call wasn't there. Pretty sure Cory West was. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Mmmm... I'm guessing you have your "Corys" confused. Cory Call is not Cory West. Another friend made that mistake talking about last year's Daytona 200. Cory Call wasn't there. Pretty sure Cory West was. :wink2:
Damnit Jim, I'm an enthusiast, not a journalist.
Btw, I blame it on web browsing, while staring at "sold-sticker-girl" on the Barrett Jackson telecast...Oh my!!!

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb: Motorcycle Champion Chris Fillmore Entered On New KTM 790 Duke For 2018 Event

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@5150 Pops Are those 790s available yet? One of those would be fun till we see what BMW releases in 2019. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
@5150 Pops Are those 790s available yet? One of those would be fun till we see what BMW releases in 2019. :smile2:
Dunnoe. Looks on paper to be an awesome machine. Ktm barely got the '17 SDR's to Renny and Chris in time for pikes peak last year and it was just a slightly changed machine, from the version Renny almost won on in '16. Now the 790 is all new, from scratch. Hopefully ktm will provide him at least one, for significant track testing before Pikes, or his chances of winning will evaporate, with every passing day he doesn't have it to setup and test.

I'm through with KTM. Dealer network is worse than Aprilia, (in USA, east coast specifically) as long as we're talking about the street line. Dirt line, the service/knowledge might be exceptional. Going to sell El Dukay in Spring on consignment at my bmw dealer, that sold me 15 RR.
Might, might, might have my RR sold, via the same outlet, gotta make time to put it back together, and take it 3.5 hours, over there.
I'll be without for a while, if all goes to plan. Might wait until calendar year 2019 to get something for trackdays. Done riding on the street.

Got a commendation for 80/60 in my hotrod minivan, (yes, sarcasm) 2nd week of December, court scheduled for end of February. Freaking misdemeanor in VA, was unaware of this, also 80/70 is the same, reckless was also not aware of this joy either.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cory had his 1st shake down run on the HP4 Race end of February at Sonoma. He said he was taking it easy because it was cold and the track was slick. Despite this he was able to run away from 2 other AFM fast guys when every he chose to. He was also dragging elbow in the carousel without trying. His description of riding the bike was: All this time it felt like I was riding two up. This is the first time it's felt like I was riding solo. :surprise: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Got a commendation for 80/60 in my hotrod minivan, (yes, sarcasm) 2nd week of December, court scheduled for end of February. Freaking misdemeanor in VA, was unaware of this, also 80/70 is the same, reckless was also not aware of this joy either.
20 over is a "reckless?"
Sorry to hear about the issues with KTM. Dealer net work out here is pretty good.

LOL... My first ticket in close to 20 years was in my "Turbo" (Eco Boost) Escape for 15 over in a 25 3 blocks from home. $350 for the ticket and $35 for an online traffic school that took about 2 hours to complete.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
20 over is a "reckless?"
Sorry to hear about the issues with KTM. Dealer net work out here is pretty good.

LOL... My first ticket in close to 20 years was in my "Turbo" (Eco Boost) Escape for 15 over in a 25 3 blocks from home. $350 for the ticket and $35 for an online traffic school that took about 2 hours to complete.
Yeah, to quote Chris Stapleton "I got nobody to blame, but me."

Ended up with a "win" $100 fine and $69 court cost for a reduction to a non moving violation, courtesy of a judge that obviously took some pity on my dumbazz.
I need to relax a bit more with the fools who don't look before merging in front of me. My normal response was to blast around them and up the road, then ease back to "normal cruising speed." I'm giving slowing my "normal cruising speed" down a chance to become my "new normal habit."

That's cool to hear someone I've heard of, racing the HP4Race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts