1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
...if only I had a soul to sell... >:)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Would love to hear your thoughts Dylan on the HP4 Race vs the new S1000rr, does it close the gap significantly compared to the outgoing model?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Man, I want one, why do they have to be so expensive.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would love to hear your thoughts Dylan on the HP4 Race vs the new S1000rr, does it close the gap significantly compared to the outgoing model?
I'd say that new RR and earlier generation are both at the core street bikes. The HP4R at it's core is a race bike. Top end power the new RR closes the gap, and ergonomics of the new RR are the best yet. Power, brakes, suspension, adjustability and real race bike feel are what you get with the HP4R. The HP4R would be a terrible bike to ride on the street even if one were to somehow manage to make it street legal. A new RR with pipe, flash, Ohlins and the rest of the usual upgrades will come closer to but never completely reach the HP4R on the track but certainly will not be worlds apart. When I was younger I used to ride bikes that came from the factory as race bikes: 125cc GP and 250cc GP. The feel was totally different from any street bike. They were raw and felt better the faster you rode. The HP4R is more in that direction of feel. Regarding lap times one bike to the other, I'd say I can go faster on the HP4R but not by a huge margin. If the HP4R was poorly set up (suspension and geometry) I would be able to go faster on the RR.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts