BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Has anyone used the disk ISO downloaded from this site:

Here's a direct download from Amazon S3:

http://s3.antimac.org/12717961-Bmw_S...air_Manual.zip

Won't go down due to excessive traffic or server issues.
After writing to a DVD, the RSD.exe file runs but, after selecting the model, I don't have access to any manuals. Do I need to input a VIN? Any other hints or advice?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
After writing to a DVD, the RSD.exe file runs but, after selecting the model, I don't have access to any manuals. Do I need to input a VIN? Any other hints or advice?
After I run RSD.exe, after you click 'accept' on the agreements, you will see something like this:

Click on "S models" on the left hand side under the "VIN" drop down menu, then to the right of that window, you select which S1000RR you own, the top option in the image above is for the 2010 model and the second one is for the 2012 model and then the HP4 model. You then go to the next right window that shows you specific parts/section you are working on the bike.

For example, I want to work on the "Engine" section of the bike, and specifically I want to work on the "Engine Block" and then click on "Repair Manuals", look at this image:

Then a new window will pop-up and it will give you instructions on how to remove or put back together the section you are working on.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
it gave me an error after it finished writing the disk
can someone help?
Depending on what the error was, it could be the software you used to burn the file to a DVD, or it could be the file you downloaded is corrupt and could not be used to burn on to a DVD.

If it was the software failing the burning of the DVD, you can try to burn the file at a slower rate or you can use a 'virtual drive' to just read the file and make it read like a disc.

You can use this software, its free and virus/malware free: MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-Rom
You can follow their instructions on how to mount the file you downloaded here: MagicISO's tutorial

·
Administrator
6,932 Posts
For that model you also need to select the "construction status" one of the check boxes in the bottom left corner. If neither one is checked you will go nowhere.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
thank you very much
i will attempt this later.
Upon running the RSD.exe file, I was getting an error message that an XSL file was missing. The buttons highlighted in quitit's screen grabs were not accessible to me. Apparently the XSL file contains this information. I mounted the ISO as a virtual disk using the MagicISO software recommended above and it runs fine. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've searched for the 2014 service manual and could not find any trace here in this forum. Could this be the same manual they use anyway for the '14s?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no Mac version. I run a VM with Parallels
I downloaded the file and tried to see if I can squeeze any information from it on pdf file. Which didn't turn out too well.

I Partitioned my mac to windows now so I can read the file. Im sorry you have to break it "Barney" style for me but what is VM with Parallels? Is that a program I need to download for it to work?

101 - 116 of 116 Posts