BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, I woke up to a nice email saying my public links have generated excessive traffic and are being taken down. I have a web server set up right now as well, let me see what I can do to get it put up on there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
So, I suspect the people I made this website for wouldn't be terribly excited if they knew I did this, but I just added the BMW service manual to a website I am currently making. Click here to download.

I haven't tried it, but the web server has some crazy fast connection speeds so hopefully it downloads pretty well for you guys. This is temporary, once I am done with the site and turn over access to the web server I will have to pull the file down. But hopefully this helps for the next few weeks.

EDIT: I just tried downloading, I am getting 6+ MB/sec so the ETA is 9 minutes for the entire 3.6 GB file. Not bad :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
So, I suspect the people I made this website for wouldn't be terribly excited if they knew I did this, but I just added the BMW service manual to a website I am currently making. Click here to download.

I haven't tried it, but the web server has some crazy fast connection speeds so hopefully it downloads pretty well for you guys. This is temporary, once I am done with the site and turn over access to the web server I will have to pull the file down. But hopefully this helps for the next few weeks.

EDIT: I just tried downloading, I am getting 6+ MB/sec so the ETA is 9 minutes for the entire 3.6 GB file. Not bad :)
Thanks for putting it up. My download gets interrupted a couple percent in, I resume it to have it act like everything is downloaded a few percent later. What could be making it do that?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm not sure, that is a peculiar problem. I just restarted the web server a few minuets ago though, you could see if that has helped at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Has anybody else successfully downloaded it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Still struggling with this. I get a error message from win zip that file may not be reliable archive. Please Help!!!!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Still struggling with this. I get a error message from win zip that file may not be reliable archive. Please Help!!!!
One way to verify the file you downloaded is correct, we can compare md5 hash values.
I used this tool on Windows: MD5sums for Windows
To use that md5sums tool, you just extract it to where the zip file you downloaded and then open a "Command Prompt" and go to where the zip file is saved and run the command: "./md5sums.exe <zip file name goes here>" it will out put the value it computed compare that to what I have.

The value I got for my md5 hash value for the zip file is: eb761657db89cde5992b3f8eb2258423
if you do not get that value, then there was an issue with your downloaded file.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Yes , thank you. it is not downloading corrfectly from your site , can you fix it?
If you are talking about my mega.co.nz link, I don't know what else I can do, I can try to re-upload it, but I don't know if that will solve your downloading issue, since it could be mega's server or your internet connection.

I'll try to download from the mega link, that I provided, on to my laptop with another internet connection and see if I can download it at all.

UPDATE: I downloaded the file onto my laptop and did a md5 hash and the value that outputted was similar to what I have on my desktop, so to me that means its a valid file and the Mega server is hosting the right file and is not corrupt. I also unzipped the file and the ISO file came out fine.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Also if you are having difficulties downloading from any of the links, my Mega link, the sticky thread, or even the one linked Leebean01's personal server, you can use a download manager that will assist you downloading the file usually these download managers are more reliable than some browser's download management.

I personally use "JDownloader", but there are many other out there, here is a wiki link of comparing the download managers out there: Wiki Link

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wow, thank you for your attempts to help me.I tried your suggestions at work, at home, and on a friend' s computer and still no luck.Thnk you for trying though.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Wow, thank you for your attempts to help me.I tried your suggestions at work, at home, and on a friend' s computer and still no luck.Thnk you for trying though.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Just to be certain, you have been trying my Mega link that I posted? If you haven't tried, can you try Leebean01's link: Download Link ?
I'm going to download his file and see if his is good too, it looks like it is since the file name is the same as mine.

Update: I tried Leebean01's link and it did not download correctly, only ~128MB downloaded and it stopped. I'll post my Mega link here: Service Manual, I dunno why some people are having issues with Mega, I've downloaded it just fine several hours ago.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Also, I believe my link is working now. You can click here and then click the "Bmw_S_Models_K42_Hp4_2012_2013.zip" file and choose save. (I shorted the file name thinking that might help).

Do we have a consensus on any download method that is reliably working yet? Or are people still having issues with all the methods in this thread? It might be good to find one that is working and ask the OP to update the initial post with current working information.

EDIT: My link is not working. I believe I have figured out why though, it seems to be a lack of RAM on the server*. I will update if I am able to resolve this issue.

*For those who want to know, it seems Apache puts large files for download into RAM. The server currently is running on 4 gigs total, so minus what the OS uses there isn't 3.8 GB left for Apache to move the service manual to RAM during the download. Hence it crashes and restarts, stopping your download wherever it crashed. I sent an email in to the guys who gave me the VM, so hopefully they can give me a bit more RAM to play with.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Has anyone been able to download the torrent file lately? The links look like they are dead. Getting the HP4 Comp in three weeks and I'd really appreciate the manual!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could use a manual for the HP4 as well.

Crankshaft

·
Registered
293 Posts
Has anyone been able to download the torrent file lately? The links look like they are dead. Getting the HP4 Comp in three weeks and I'd really appreciate the manual!
Here is a torrent file that should be working. I had to zip it to allow it to upload as an attachment.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 116 Posts