BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,
I'm just a new comer and I just bought a S1000RR MY 2012.

Looking around it seems to me that the TC is not programmable ( please tell me if I'm wrong).

Said that I found a friend which is selling the HP4 ecu with the keys.

Do you know if it is possible to install that ECU on my bike and if it's just plug and play?

thanks!

Andrea

·
Administrator
7,479 Posts
The standard RR 2012 does not have adjustable traction control. You can't fit the HP4 ECU either. The HP4 has DDC suspension and it also has a lean angle sensor which the 2012 RR does not. Not to mention the left hand switch block is different and has the TC adjuster button on it. If you want adjustable TC buy a HP4 or better still, buy a 2015 or 2016 RR. You can buy the HP ECU and RCK (race calibration kit) and do it that way but that's very expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Benny!
that was my point, that the TC is not adjustable...ok let's have a look on the RCK :)!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like the idea that I must take it as it is or completely disable it....

may be to be able to adjust it is better..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi the_Gooch,
for now no, but I'm busy preparing the bike for racing this year so I was just evaluating what are the options....

Said that I've talked with an Italian friend of mine, who works in Dimsport and he told me that their ECU, in Racing version is able to adjust the TC, does anyone has experience on that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts