BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After speaking with several vendors, no one seems to be making a rear sprocket for the HP4 due to a slightly different design in the stock wheel/sprocket carrier.
Any body else run into this that wants to do the conversion? If so, what brand of sprocket is available?
Driven, Renthal, Vortex and AFAM are not currently selling nor have any plans to sell in near future.
I understand this is a choice for each rider and is not for everybody.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chopt, I had called them and they did tell me they did not offer anything for HP. Oh well, I'll get it going now

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
After speaking with several vendors, no one seems to be making a rear sprocket for the HP4 due to a slightly different design in the stock wheel/sprocket carrier.
Any body else run into this that wants to do the conversion? If so, what brand of sprocket is available?
Driven, Renthal, Vortex and AFAM are not currently selling nor have any plans to sell in near future.
I understand this is a choice for each rider and is not for everybody.

It is very limited on what's out there for the HP4.

But, We can get AFAM Workslite sprocket that is available.

They Only have 43t right now.

"
AFAM aluminum rear sprockets are all manufactured in 7075 aircraft grade alloy with T6 surface hardening. Precise tolerances combined with the AFAM tooth profile are the secrets for this high quality product."

·
Registered
535 Posts
It seems to be impossible to get a kit for the HP4, I have the forged wheels on my 15rr and tried and tried to find a 525 sprocket setup with -1 front and +1 rear.

i got the front -1 no worries but the special cut rear sprocket to fit the HP4 rims was impossible in a 525.

So I had a company custom make me a rear but the idiots did not cut in the chamfer.

So now I'm running around with a -1 front and a stock 45T rear, which equals to a extended wheel base which is horrible for turn in.

Anyone know of any 525 kits available to fit the HP4 wheels.

I'm guessing not.

Anyone.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Brocks performance has them and another one does as well, just don't recall their name. Not too difficult to find though.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. Vortex is hardly considered the pinnacle of quality, but I have raced and gone to the track for years and have never had any name brand sprocket like Vortex, AFAM, DID, etc. be "scrap metal" after 1 day of track time when everything else was correct. That is just weird.

The hardcoat Vortex sprockets are higher quality than their others, though. I wish they made them for this bike. I use them on the non-HP wheels and they have been good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts