BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried bleeding my brakes on my 2014 HP4 for the first time and am about to set the gd bike on fire. The service manual has a blank space for that screw and says 7mm for the master cylinder nipple, but the 7mm doesn't fit at all and 8mm is too big by a hair (it moves a bit).

The nipple on the caliper won't budge and is slightly stripped on one face, which makes me think the last service tech over-torqued it. I can't get it to budge with the 8mm and it keeps starting to strip, so I won't try again. 7mm wouldn't fit even if I hammered the ducker on. 7.5mm isn't a thing, is it? Is BMW that far up their own ass to do that?

·
Vendor
2,075 Posts
I use 8mm..

Try a 5/16 standard. it is slightly smaller. Be sure to only use a 6 point socket to break it loose. Then use the 12 point wrench to service it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... 8mm was what I started with. 5/16 has the same issue for me, just the tiiiiniest bit of play, but it's enough to start it spinning a bit. I only have 12 point wrenches, so I'll grab a set of 6 point wrenches...

·
Super Moderator
6,402 Posts
6 point only for that stuff. Once they get rounded off even a tiny bit it's time for new ones. Imagine if you don't tighten them enough....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it to work with the 8mm eventually... Gave up on the rear, too tucked back there and IDGAF anymore lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That it is. Service manual says 10mm lol. Ended up just removing the rear reservoir from its mount and zip-tying it to the passenger peg for the process. Pretty sure I did alright getting it back in place without letting air get in the line, so I'm golden on my brake flush for the year. Next year, speed bleeders get installed lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts