BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to install M rear sets on a s1000rr k67. This step by step video with torque specs included is a “how to for dummies”. Save a easy $175 dollars by doing it at home and not going to the dealer. While this is a easy job, if your not exactly sure this video will guide you step by step exactly how to install them. Hope this helps someone at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Man, just got my Rear sets the video is going to be my go to. May I know which Torque Wrench you use or recommend ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Man, just got my Rear sets the video is going to be my go to. May I know which Torque Wrench you use or recommend ?
Congrats they are a nice piece. Subscribe & hit the notification bell if you havnt already. I plan to have some cool content on there. As for the torque wrench I got 2 of them. Not really expensive ones. The smaller one I use for the smaller stuff

The 2nd one -craftsman only goes up to 75 ft lbs.

For the bigger one I would suggest something that goes up to at least 150lbs or more. That way you can torque down the rear axle nut if you ever need to. I just had that craftsman lying around. If money isn’t a problem then the snap on one with the LCD display is pretty nice but of course expensive. Choose one to your liking

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats they are a nice piece. Subscribe & hit the notification bell if you havnt already. I plan to have some cool content on there. As for the torque wrench I got 2 of them. Not really expensive ones. The smaller one I use for the smaller stuff

The 2nd one -craftsman only goes up to 75 ft lbs.

For the bigger one I would suggest something that goes up to at least 150lbs or more. That way you can torque down the rear axle nut if you ever need to. I just had that craftsman lying around. If money isn’t a problem then the snap on one with the LCD display is pretty nice but of course expensive. Choose one to your liking

Liked and Subscribed!! Thank you looks like I just need the smaller wrench for the rare sets. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey I hit a snag everything installed I went for a ride around the block and the back silencer nut came loose I see you got an after market system but I’m using the stock any idea what I should be doing ? I couldn’t use the stock tuner spacer since it is attached to the stock rear set I only use the screw and the metal part but did not torque it should I

be torquing it ? BMW instructions have the full rubber spacer? Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I hit a snag everything installed I went for a ride around the block and the back silencer nut came loose I see you got an after market system but I’m using the stock any idea what I should be doing ? I couldn’t use the stock tuner spacer since it is attached to the stock rear set I only use the screw and the metal part but did not torque it should I

be torquing it ? BMW instructions have the full rubber spacer? Appreciate your help.

I would tighten the nut pretty tight. Maybe use some blue medium strength thread locker. Got a picture of what stock tuner spacer your talking about?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey man thanks for that quick reply, I got it fixed what I did was pulled out the rubber insert that comes with stock right rear set silencer holder

and put it in the M rear set ( wasn’t easy getting it out from stock or putting it on the M silencer holder) but finally it worked and torqued it down to 19NM per BMW instruction, hopefully won’t come loose anytime soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check my discussion k67 accessories , I’ve mentioned you. Couldn’t have done without this video! Thank you!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check my discussion k67 accessories , I’ve mentioned you. Couldn’t have done without this video! Thank you!

Thanks for the shout out! Yup that’s my channel glad it helped! It’s always nice to have a video where they don’t skip things

·
Registered
729 Posts

That big bolt kept getting in the way of my foot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts