BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'm getting hosed for insurance. How much are you guys paying? This is what i'm paying.....

Geico Los Angeles- $147, full coverage (500 deduct).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Insurance rates depend on location, age, bike year, accident history, credit history, what you mean by "full coverage," etc.

This has been discussed ad nauseam. Please do a search.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insurance rates depend on location, age, bike year, accident history, credit history, what you mean by "full coverage," etc.

This has been discussed ad nauseam. Please do a search.
I did a quick search on this forum and didn't come up with anything. Perhaps I'll look on the entire site, but I thought insurance is more regional than national.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have my 2012 S1000RR, Ducati 1198S, and 1975 Yamaha RD350 - All full coverage on the same policy. It is about $1000 a year paid in full.

Having the RD350 actually is what saves it, as it "Splits the seat time" therefor lowers the premium. Otherwise with just the S1k, it was around $1500.

The bf is paying close to 2k a year. Both with Geico. Both 30 years old.

·
Registered
208 Posts
29 with 6 driving to endangers on my record Wich in sure fell off now, becuase I pay $100 a month full coverage geico mass, and $160 for a 2015 E63 AMG Progressive. I am baffled at how low my rates are I have gone to so many driving classes to keep my license when I was young.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Progressive quoted me $4000 a year last summer, geico came in at 1500 and I dropped this summer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
$86 a month with State Farm, full coverage w/$500 deductible. I have all my other vehicles with State Farm as well, so I get a discount on my bike policy. I also am 41yrs old.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Type the word "insurance" in the search box at the upper right of the page. Click "search"

(Insurance rates are very local and specific to the owner/rider, not regional or national).
Oddly I would normally be the one posting that suggestion. In this case, I think it is a valid query. Why? Look at heath insurance rates. Thanks to Obama care. All the big names are going under. We will have single payer government "no coverage" within 3 years. :wink2:

I've had a motorcycle permit/license/ insurance since I was 15.5 years old. My last motorcycle policy was written in '86. When I purchased my HP4 8/1/14, all my quotes were from 2K to 3.5K a year. State Farm, the company I've been doing business with since I got off my dad's policy, quoted me $864 a year.

A better response would have been get quotes from all the major carriers in your area and go with the best. That's all any of us can do. :) Maybe that suggestion should be a sticky so no more threads like this are posted. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm getting hosed for insurance. How much are you guys paying? This is what i'm paying.....

Geico Los Angeles- $147, full coverage (500 deduct).

Thanks.
TFM......WAYYYYYY TOO FM.

Here in Virginia, clean record, great credit, 0 claims, married 46 yrs old in 2016.
Renewal came and suddenly I have a ~20% increase :surprise:

Dah Fahhhhhk?

Reason given via phone..... Too many losses associated with this particular model.

Gimme faahhhhkin' break!

EDIT....This was before I added the KTM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, thanks for replying.

I actually went with AAA insurance. It was a great price. I pay 70/month now.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Believe it or not only paying extra $5 more /month for the S1KRRrrr to be added to the auto policy with full coverage and $50 deductible.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Believe it or not only paying extra $5 more /month for the S1KRRrrr to be added to the auto policy with full coverage and $50 deductible.
Which insurance company and how long have you been with them?

@OP glad to hear that. I'm paying about $2 a month more with State Farm in the Bay Area.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I want to know what oil you guys are using. I can't find any posts about that.
JHC.
Location, location, location.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Which insurance company and how long have you been with them?

@OP glad to hear that. I'm paying about $2 a month more with State Farm in the Bay Area.
I went with USAA and funny thing was when I placed the S1KRR on the policy it actually went down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish my insurance had gone down. I have USAA as well but being in Germany I have to have a European policy which is ridiculously high. In the states I was paying $50 or so for my gsxr1000 full coverage. Here I pay $120 for the same bike and $135 for the S1000RR.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts