BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
I used my GS-911 to re-tune the engine. Zero issues.
No you didn't. Please don't post misinformation like this. There are members on here that have 100s of hours and thousands of dollars invested in hardware reverse engineering unlock codes and ECU maps to help "tune" these bikes. You aint doing nuthin with a GS-911 for tuning.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Contacted bmw and they told me it’s absolutely incorrect to tune the bike after a full exhaust install, and if I do I will void my warranty and obviously since it’s a brand new bike that I bought I’m not doing it. They told me they’ll install the exhaust and headers and everything will work fine. At this point I don’t care I’m just gonna go ahead and do everything directly from the dealer and if anything happens I’m under warranty anyway :)

I think you called me already on this, but let me help you understand the short term of where the dealer is telling you, and the long term of where you really want to be. Give me another call.

The most important thing you said here is, get it in writing that they will honor the warranty with the full exhaust they install for you.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts