BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

New to the group and looking to buy a BMW 1000RR. Living in A country where there weather is usually 30 degress or over. Anything to watch out for maintenance?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year RR are you looking at and how many miles/kms? These bikes run hot so don't get too concerned.
looking for the gen 3 as I feel its more bang for buck and my budget is more within that range ?.Only issue, in the carribean there is no official Bmw dealership and unfortunately most maintenance will need to be done by myself or a trusted shop.

so this is why I am asking now, instead of biting the bullet and having a used one shipped over.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Theres lots of Aussies here, we have it way hotter than you do in the Carribean!

I've seen air temps of 47deg, and -5deg celcius - I wear full leathers (perforated in Summer) so yeah, it gets hot...

but no issues with maintenance cycles at all, just keep an eye on your brake reservoir if you park in the sun daily. if it changes colour its time for a refresh.

·
Administrator
6,616 Posts
looking for the gen 3 as I feel its more bang for buck and my budget is more within that range ?.Only issue, in the carribean there is no official Bmw dealership and unfortunately most maintenance will need to be done by myself or a trusted shop.

so this is why I am asking now, instead of biting the bullet and having a used one shipped over.
These bikes only require a oil and filter replacement and air filter for 1,000km, 10,000km and 20,000km. 30,000km is the major service. Are there any mechanics in your area the are specific motorcycle mechanics? I'd be worried about letting someone who doesn't know what they're doing touch the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres lots of Aussies here, we have it way hotter than you do in the Carribean!

I've seen air temps of 47deg, and -5deg celcius - I wear full leathers (perforated in Summer) so yeah, it gets hot...

but no issues with maintenance cycles at all, just keep an eye on your brake reservoir if you park in the sun daily. if it changes colour its time for a refresh.
haha meant no offence! Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These bikes only require a oil and filter replacement and air filter for 1,000km, 10,000km and 20,000km. 30,000km is the major service. Are there any mechanics in your area the are specific motorcycle mechanics? I'd be worried about letting someone who doesn't know what they're doing touch the bike.
I mean specific is a strong word but only one person I trust here working on my bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts