BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get my hands on one of these and man o man how cool they are!!

The auto warm up it quite trick and also love the fact that they are adding pit lane limiter, launch control and wheelie control. Super easy to install as well. The safety they take into consideration as well is amazing!

The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) Congratulations on your purchase of an HM SABS System The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) is a revolutionary product that, in essenece, allows a rider to change gear up and down the gearbox seamlessly in the fastest and smoothest manor possible. Available in two versions: LITE and PRO The LITE version already outperforms any other system on the market. It is a simple plug and play system that is fully adjustable. The PRO version is taking shifting / back shifting to the ultimate level. It is the only system on the market that communicates with your ECU to get many vital parameters allowing the shifter blipper to give perfect shifts whatever the load, RPM, Gear or throttle position. It is also completely plug and play in a small, waterproof and compact unit. The PRO version also adds intelligent auto warmup and a Pit Lane limiter. Launch control and Anti wheelie and Engine Brake Control are soon to follow via a software update.

Safety

Due to the fact that this product sits between your accelerator (twist grip) sensor and the ECU, it has the theorestical potential to add uncommanded throttle inputs. This can be very dangerous. Because of this reason, the HM SABS has been designed form the ground up to be ultra safe. Its design phylosophy is that of mission critical systems such as primary flight controls of commercial aircraft. This is how it works: 1. Normal Operation The SABS is phycially disconnected from throttle circuit during normal operation. I.E. there is a direct connection between the twist grip sensor and the ECU just as if the system was not there. 2. When a SHIFT or BLIP (or warmup / pit limit etc) operation is requested by the user applying pressure to the gear lever, then the SABS performs a full and detailed systems test in less than a millisecond and if, and only if every test passes then it configures a deadman timer suitable to the operation, inserts itself into the circuit and performs the operation. If, during the operation, there is any fault for any reason then the SABS instantly removes itself form the circuit and logs the error. It will then no longer operate as a shifter / blipper until the fault has been acknowleged by the user and rectified. This means that, whatever the fault, the bike will continue to run in a safe manor. This design phylosophy means that it should be impossible for uncommand throttle input to ever occur - unlike any other system on the market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice info, how is all these commands controlled? By the OEM buttons or is there a separate panel of buttons to engage each of these options?
Also when is the software updates becoming available?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is it compared to Alpha/Lohnmann quickshifter?
I cant comment on this as I have not used one of them before. I can however say that I was really amazed with the HM, Smooth and direct, very simple to install and configure. Gives you alot of safety features like over rev control, etc. Would highly recommend it.

Just by looking at who they partner with speaks for itself. Moto 2, Wsbk, BSB, etc.

There is a video where Tom sykes has one on his BM..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice info, how is all these commands controlled? By the OEM buttons or is there a separate panel of buttons to engage each of these options?
Also when is the software updates becoming available?
In the kit they give you a push button which is really well made that bolts to your clutch clamp (holds the lever to the bar). All is managed with this button.

I have sent them an email to ask about ETA on the other features, but still waiting due to Lockdown. I was told that it should be closer to the end of 2020

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this kit last week and installed it on the weekend. I made an install video as i thought the instructions could have been clearer. How did you find the install instructions?
I uploaded the S1000rr HM setting to the bike but it was extremely jerky on up and downshifts. Since this i've been toying with the settings and smooth out the blipper. Need to make a few little tweeks to the upshift settings as this is still a little jerky.
Could you upload a picture of your bike settings just as a reference?
Here is a video of mine on a stand after the install and before the tweeks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts