BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get my hands on one of these and man o man how cool they are!!

The auto warm up it quite trick and also love the fact that they are adding pit lane limiter, launch control and wheelie control. Super easy to install as well. The safety they take into consideration as well is amazing!

The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) Congratulations on your purchase of an HM SABS System The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) is a revolutionary product that, in essenece, allows a rider to change gear up and down the gearbox seamlessly in the fastest and smoothest manor possible. Available in two versions: LITE and PRO The LITE version already outperforms any other system on the market. It is a simple plug and play system that is fully adjustable. The PRO version is taking shifting / back shifting to the ultimate level. It is the only system on the market that communicates with your ECU to get many vital parameters allowing the shifter blipper to give perfect shifts whatever the load, RPM, Gear or throttle position. It is also completely plug and play in a small, waterproof and compact unit. The PRO version also adds intelligent auto warmup and a Pit Lane limiter. Launch control and Anti wheelie and Engine Brake Control are soon to follow via a software update.

Safety

Due to the fact that this product sits between your accelerator (twist grip) sensor and the ECU, it has the theorestical potential to add uncommanded throttle inputs. This can be very dangerous. Because of this reason, the HM SABS has been designed form the ground up to be ultra safe. Its design phylosophy is that of mission critical systems such as primary flight controls of commercial aircraft. This is how it works: 1. Normal Operation The SABS is phycially disconnected from throttle circuit during normal operation. I.E. there is a direct connection between the twist grip sensor and the ECU just as if the system was not there. 2. When a SHIFT or BLIP (or warmup / pit limit etc) operation is requested by the user applying pressure to the gear lever, then the SABS performs a full and detailed systems test in less than a millisecond and if, and only if every test passes then it configures a deadman timer suitable to the operation, inserts itself into the circuit and performs the operation. If, during the operation, there is any fault for any reason then the SABS instantly removes itself form the circuit and logs the error. It will then no longer operate as a shifter / blipper until the fault has been acknowleged by the user and rectified. This means that, whatever the fault, the bike will continue to run in a safe manor. This design phylosophy means that it should be impossible for uncommand throttle input to ever occur - unlike any other system on the market.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice info, how is all these commands controlled? By the OEM buttons or is there a separate panel of buttons to engage each of these options?
Also when is the software updates becoming available?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is it compared to Alpha/Lohnmann quickshifter?
I cant comment on this as I have not used one of them before. I can however say that I was really amazed with the HM, Smooth and direct, very simple to install and configure. Gives you alot of safety features like over rev control, etc. Would highly recommend it.

Just by looking at who they partner with speaks for itself. Moto 2, Wsbk, BSB, etc.

There is a video where Tom sykes has one on his BM..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice info, how is all these commands controlled? By the OEM buttons or is there a separate panel of buttons to engage each of these options?
Also when is the software updates becoming available?
In the kit they give you a push button which is really well made that bolts to your clutch clamp (holds the lever to the bar). All is managed with this button.

I have sent them an email to ask about ETA on the other features, but still waiting due to Lockdown. I was told that it should be closer to the end of 2020

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought this kit last week and installed it on the weekend. I made an install video as i thought the instructions could have been clearer. How did you find the install instructions?
I uploaded the S1000rr HM setting to the bike but it was extremely jerky on up and downshifts. Since this i've been toying with the settings and smooth out the blipper. Need to make a few little tweeks to the upshift settings as this is still a little jerky.
Could you upload a picture of your bike settings just as a reference?
Here is a video of mine on a stand after the install and before the tweeks:

·
Registered
6 Posts

The auto warm up it quite trick and also love the fact that they are adding pit lane limiter, launch control and wheelie control. Super easy to install as well. The safety they take into consideration as well is amazing!

The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) Congratulations on your purchase of an HM SABS System The HM Quickshifter Stand Alone Shifter Blipper (SABS) is a revolutionary product that, in essenece, allows a rider to change gear up and down the gearbox seamlessly in the fastest and smoothest manor possible. Available in two versions: LITE and PRO The LITE version already outperforms any other system on the market. It is a simple plug and play system that is fully adjustable. The PRO version is taking shifting / back shifting to the ultimate level. It is the only system on the market that communicates with your ECU to get many vital parameters allowing the shifter blipper to give perfect shifts whatever the load, RPM, Gear or throttle position. It is also completely plug and play in a small, waterproof and compact unit. The PRO version also adds intelligent auto warmup and a Pit Lane limiter. Launch control and Anti wheelie and Engine Brake Control are soon to follow via a software update.

Safety

Due to the fact that this product sits between your accelerator (twist grip) sensor and the ECU, it has the theorestical potential to add uncommanded throttle inputs. This can be very dangerous. Because of this reason, the HM SABS has been designed form the ground up to be ultra safe. Its design phylosophy is that of mission critical systems such as primary flight controls of commercial aircraft. This is how it works: 1. Normal Operation The SABS is phycially disconnected from throttle circuit during normal operation. I.E. there is a direct connection between the twist grip sensor and the ECU just as if the system was not there. 2. When a SHIFT or BLIP (or warmup / pit limit etc) operation is requested by the user applying pressure to the gear lever, then the SABS performs a full and detailed systems test in less than a millisecond and if, and only if every test passes then it configures a deadman timer suitable to the operation, inserts itself into the circuit and performs the operation. If, during the operation, there is any fault for any reason then the SABS instantly removes itself form the circuit and logs the error. It will then no longer operate as a shifter / blipper until the fault has been acknowleged by the user and rectified. This means that, whatever the fault, the bike will continue to run in a safe manor. This design phylosophy means that it should be impossible for uncommand throttle input to ever occur - unlike any other system on the market.

Safety

So did anyone else get this unit? I have a flashed ECU from alpha one. Its a wsbk race package rck2 flash... I like this HM unit but im scared plugging it in my ecu and having it control so much will change my ecu or mess up my flash. Anyone have more info on this? Or im going to go IRC..... but I've always liked HM stuff

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did anyone else get this unit? I have a flashed ECU from alpha one. Its a wsbk race package rck2 flash... I like this HM unit but im scared plugging it in my ecu and having it control so much will change my ecu or mess up my flash. Anyone have more info on this? Or im going to go IRC..... but I've always liked HM stuff
You can go ahead. This unit wont make any changes to your ECU. Its a stand alone unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can go ahead. This unit wont make any changes to your ECU. Its a stand alone unit.
I see. It just worries me as this HM controls so many things like engine braking and warm up and pit limiter. Just makes me scared to plug it to the ECU. as it will communicate directly with the ECU right? I don't want to wipe my flash. How is this vs IRC shifter?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HM controls engine breaking?

All the shifter does other than the IRC is pit lane limiter (which is activated by a button. As soon as you leave the button it disengages), launch control (not available as yet) and auto warm up. The shifter does not interfere with the ECU at all. Its an external unit, (just like any other stand alone quick shifter, PCV, Bazzaz, HM, etc) that only assist with the auto blip function. It does not supply fueling, timing, etc, so you dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, the new software release (due soon) will allow the HM Pro to control engine braking, essentially it just opens up the throttle bodies slightly after you release the throttle. My 1199S Panigale had this from factory.
@Slaki I'm not sure if you seen my last DM but I wondered could i have a copy of your HM configuration to see how it compares to mine? I can also share my configuration with you if you like?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see. It just worries me as this HM controls so many things like engine braking and warm up and pit limiter. Just makes me scared to plug it to the ECU. as it will communicate directly with the ECU right? I don't want to wipe my flash. How is this vs IRC shifter?
Currently the system only has Shifter, Blipper and Auto Warm up. which shouldn't effect your ECU or tune. If you wanted to be extra cautious you could avoid the new software release for your piece of mind. It takes a bit of time to get tuned right but it's worth it.

Here's an install video I made, I need to make a video of it in action once these C19 restrictions are lifted.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the new software release (due soon) will allow the HM Pro to control engine braking, essentially it just opens up the throttle bodies slightly after you release the throttle. My 1199S Panigale had this from factory.
@Slaki I'm not sure if you seen my last DM but I wondered could i have a copy of your HM configuration to see how it compares to mine? I can also share my configuration with you if you like?
Sorry my bud. Missed it. i dont have mine with me now, but have one I will send quick thats similar to mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Safety

good day is there any way you can send me some of your setup for this??

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
180 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick question: Is the HM OEM Replacement Blipper Shifter that much of a difference from stock? Has anyone used this?

Thanks...Craig
Yes, this is a strain gauge shifter and also blipper which you do not get from stock. Stock is mechanical and is non blippper.... HM and IRC make a unit for these bikes. I have an IRC for sale if anyone is interested but yes it is a major difference stock

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
180 Posts
Should have mentioned...2017 S1000RR...has a blipper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cant comment on this as I have not used one of them before. I can however say that I was really amazed with the HM, Smooth and direct, very simple to install and configure. Gives you alot of safety features like over rev control, etc. Would highly recommend it.

Just by looking at who they partner with speaks for itself. Moto 2, Wsbk, BSB, etc.

There is a video where Tom sykes has one on his BM..
Hi what is your shifter kill time settings and sensitivity? Trying to compare

1 - 20 of 22 Posts