BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up my White Sport first week of March from Oxford. Got Akrapovic, trick levers, tail tidy and diddy indicators.

Looking forward to it. Trading in my beloved Crescent tuned GSXR1000K3.

Hopefully I will not get too many cramps on the RR and regret swapping out the big Suzook.

Photos when I collect :)

·
Administrator
7,705 Posts
Pick up my White Sport first week of March from Oxford. Got Akrapovic, trick levers, tail tidy and diddy indicators.

Hopefully I will not get too many cramps on the RR and regret swapping out the big Suzook.

Welcome aboard.. don't think you'll be cramped. Do you have a link for the Diddy Indicators and the Levers you're going with? Wasn't sure what they had out there already to go for the S1.

·
Registered
559 Posts

Hi mate
you lucky git, you're getting yours before me.
I'm not having the mini Led indicators. I have them on my HP2S and I have had to replace both front one due to smashed lenses caused by stone strikes.
At a cost of £27 each. They look great but are very fragile. As is the Radiator on the S thou:confused:
Did you test ride the S thou? I think it's more cumfy than the Gixer and even the Blade.
Cheers
:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi mate
you lucky git, you're getting yours before me.
I'm not having the mini Led indicators. I have them on my HP2S and I have had to replace both front one due to smashed lenses caused by stone strikes.
At a cost of £27 each. They look great but are very fragile. As is the Radiator on the S thou:confused:
Did you test ride the S thou? I think it's more cumfy than the Gixer and even the Blade.
Cheers
Look the pair of you are getting them before me and I placed an order in April 08!
Likewise on the Beemer LEDs, had to replace offside fronts twice , never considered stones but you could be right.
May see you at the odd track day this year!

Stu

·
Registered
559 Posts
Look the pair of you are getting them before me and I placed an order in April 08!
Likewise on the Beemer LEDs, had to replace offside fronts twice , never considered stones but you could be right.
May see you at the odd track day this year!

Stu
Hi Stu

funny you should say that. I'm just thinking of booking a Track Day at Mallory on 8th May or maybe Rockingham on 1st May:confused:

My local Track is Castle Coombe, but i've binned it twice there, so i try to avoid it.:(
Brian

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Stu

funny you should say that. I'm just thinking of booking a Track Day at Mallory on 8th May or maybe Rockingham on 1st May:confused:

My local Track is Castle Coombe, but i've binned it twice there, so i try to avoid it.:(
Brian

Brian,
going thru The Esses in the wet at Castle Coombe is always interesting!!!

Rockingham one of our favourites.

Stu

·
Registered
322 Posts

Welcome aboard, nice colours :)

I had some ASV levers on my last bike that felt comfortable and were also fully adjustable, when I get my bike next week I am going to see if there are some levers already available in the ASV range as the S1 has Brembo brakes, there must be some already available for a european brand that are not specific to the S1.......I'll let you know

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Stu

Brian
How bumpy is Combe? I had to wind the shock right back to stay in the saddle on my K3. Flashed 168mph going up Avon Rise, though! Then was like a blancmange through Quarry.

I used race in the Combe saloons (E36 M3 3.0 litre). Most friendly circuit in Britain. Not as picturesque as Oulton, Cadwell or Brands, but they do the best cooked brekkie in the diner :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I picked mine up from oxford on monday,you will not be dissapointed ,i do not miss my fireblade. Kev from oxford
Are you taking it to that scruffy meet at Fox's diner on Monday evening? Will draw a crowd!

Let me know and I'll slide up and have a cuppa with you :tu

Should have been picking mine up on Saturday but it is delayed...:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts