BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 16 RR that I purchased with an Austin racing full system and a pc5 installed. Curious about the tune I hooked up my laptop and checekd out the loaded tune on the pc5. screenshot of the map and notes attached. Does this appear to be an off the shelf tune? I checked and the bike only has an OE air filter so no K&N unit here. I searched around and couldnt find any tunes for similar bikes but I could be missing something. Is it worth taking to the dyno to be re-done? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
6,686 Posts
Just on the basis of the notes and the funky big negative numbers I would want to see if it can be improved. Why are you looking at it, does the bike run bad or did you lose a roll on? If it runs ok I would think about just leaving it alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have really nothing to compare it to, but just from some regular riding: It seems to be flat/ hesitate around the mid range especially during a strong roll on, above 8k it rips, tons of power. Sounds excellent but loud, pops alot on decel. Gets hot when idling quick, not sure if this is just an S1000 thing. I have also not ridden it in slick mode because I dont have the plug, unsure how this affects the fueling or throttle response.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The numbers are very big!!! 30% increase or decrease of fuel difference does not sound correct. In my PCV map when I was using PCV, the percentage was smaller (it;s been years...). I suggest you check the map if it is correct. In the HP map the % is max 10%. You might check here.

·
Administrator
6,686 Posts
You could ask Austin if they have a PCV tune for your application, but midrange does suffer with the shorter systems. It's just that those numbers on the table are pretty strange.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, AR sent me another map, Ill be testing as soon as the weather agrees and possibly will take it to the local dyno guy for a fine tuning. Stay tuned!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts