BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my DDC rear shock but don't wanna go to Ohlins at the moment.. I've been looking at ebay to find a suitable replacement within my budget. Here's the dilemma - my 2015 RR bike was manufactured in 11/14 and the part number on the Sachs shock is 33548548838 and I've been looking at the part number on realoem.com and it has been replaced with Part No. 33548561412. Is it okay to install the newer part even though it's a different part number. Realoem.com says that the newer part supersedes the older part number and I can't find any place that sells the same Sach's shock with the 8838 part number.

· Banned
3,422 Posts
#justlistentoBenny

If it states that it supercedes the old art number, that's exactly what it means. You'll WANT to use the new P/N even IF you could find the old one because they made a new P/N for a reason (better performance and/or reliability).

I have a 2015 with the DDC and love mine, no problems. Although, something in the rear suspension is getting a mite "squeaky" over small bumps at low speed. Can't feel anything, but the noise is annoying. Did you hear that before you found you needed to replace the shock? If so, maybe mine needs replacing. I don't see any fluid leak or anything. Unlike my left fork seal, sadly, which is weeping a bit.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Depends on your Budget !
if you want to stay with OEM, then your budget will define whether you buy new or used.

If NEW then you might as well go for a Wilbers for cheaper. The make one that retains DDC (at least a suspension shop down here in OZ can make one up).

IF USED is your budget, then find a race team that have one laying around - I got a used one for my 2016 from a guy you builds race bikes, had about 1000km on it and cost me $250. forums, facebook etc.

Also depends on your spanner twirling abilities...

· Banned
3,422 Posts
Depends on your Budget !
if you want to stay with OEM, then your budget will define whether you buy new or used.

If NEW then you might as well go for a Wilbers for cheaper. The make one that retains DDC (at least a suspension shop down here in OZ can make one up).

IF USED is your budget, then find a race team that have one laying around - I got a used one for my 2016 from a guy you builds race bikes, had about 1000km on it and cost me $250. forums, facebook etc.

Also depends on your spanner twirling abilities...
I guess that's the thing, are there aftermarket companies that make a shock compatible with the rest of the DDC system (software, sensors)? I think that'd be my only worry. I like my DDC!

· Premium Member
926 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I need to replace my DDC rear shock but don't wanna go to Ohlins at the moment.. I've been looking at ebay to find a suitable replacement within my budget. Here's the dilemma - my 2015 RR bike was manufactured in 11/14 and the part number on the Sachs shock is 33548548838 and I've been looking at the part number on realoem.com and it has been replaced with Part No. 33548561412. Is it okay to install the newer part even though it's a different part number. Realoem.com says that the newer part supersedes the older part number and I can't find any place that sells the same Sach's shock with the 8838 part number.
I've got a 2016 ddc rear shock for sale on ebay. Off a super low mileage bike. $129 is all I'm asking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.