BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new RR owner, having purchased my bike two weeks ago. It's a 2014 and when I bought it, it had only 340 miles on it and had never been serviced. (But had, fortunately, been properly stored.) I took it to my local dealership earlier this week for it's "first service", and they "unlocked" the engine for me.
The bike didn't include the coding plug. I read through the manual, and it appears that the plug has two functions: To de-restrict a restricted bike, and to enable Pro rider modes if they were installed in the bike at the factory. Do I have that right? Does installation of that plug add any power to an unrestricted engine?
Thanks!

·
Vendor
4,858 Posts
The coding plug does allow the use of "slick" mode in some models. Then in others it allows 'user' mode with slick options.

Then if you have RCK2 or RCK3 enabled in the ECU, then it is more of a coding plug and allow the full functions of RCK series to work right.

All the dealer did for you was remove the RPM limiter at 9000 miles. You can see if you have Slick mode without the coding plug, and if you dont, then you need to see if you have Ride Mode Pro options in the ECU. Then the coding plug will work and allow the use of Slick Mode.

The coding plug only allow power in RCK2/3 enabled ECU as it is the only way HP power maps work.

If you have a need for the RCK2 for the 12-14, I can add that.

Reactions: defranks17
1 - 4 of 4 Posts