BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m Jamie. I have a 2016 S1000rr. And I need some help. It was running a bit rough, popping at idle, revving weird, sound weird at different rpms. Then on the highway at 60mph, she just died. Won’t turn over. Replaced the battery, checked the starter. Relays and fuses are all good. When I hit the start switch it just clicks. And something is drawing the battery down to 6 volts when I hit the start switch. There is power to everything. But the starter is just not engaging. And yes, I can turn the engine over by hand. It’s not seized. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Starters do go bad.

batteries can have a dead cell and still read 12 volts on multimeters, but when you load test, they show the real result of bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock battery tested fine, but I replaced it just to make sure. We took the starter out and tested it as well

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
You tested the starter on free load condition. Perhaps it is causing the large voltage drop upon the load of the engine compression.

Where is it clicking from ? The rear of the bike like the relays? The middle like the starter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts