BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. New here. Little about myself:

Mechanic by trade, work and overhaul all brands and you name it. Art major, changed to trust law recently. Pretty old fashioned. Low tech in life but not on wheels lol

Started on 50cc as a teen. fast forward gsxr600, 2003 R1. 2011 bought a zx9 20k Miles and started canyon racing practice hwy9 norcal, saratoga which is most beautiful riding roads on the planet imo, later got on a 2006 ZX10 for 50k miles, then 2011 ZX10r 3 year 30k miles, 7mo 7k miles after the 11 zx10 got myself a s1000r which was absolutely beautiful and sounded awesome! with full Akra...but short gears and 160 top speed hwy cruise at 7k wasn't good bike was working too hard. Also the longer wheelbase would understeer back end entry trail braking. So...love scooters, adventure, race, street track commute. Motogp and SBK die hard since 2001

Today my bd finished a project, a bike I bought month ago, 2016 S1000RR premium. 1st test ride down, and what an awesome rocket bike long gear packed with drama and speed <3 Gonna take some getting use to.

I'll throw this out there since already here: any good suspension shops in socal? The prior owner messed with front the front is too low, 10 mile ride on new SC tires front is 2" chicken strip and rear is 1" lean angle sensor shows lowest 35掳
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Sports uniform Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Motorcycle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

Helmet Tire Wheel Sports equipment Sports gear

. The lower triple tree sleeves are lower than initial mark at least by 1" bike super stressed to turn and handle bars wrist breaking low. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

Registered
2014 S1000RR
Welcome! What part of SoCal are you in? I was given a name/number of a suspension guy by my shop who does the larger maintenance items but I'm in San Diego.

Registered
welcome! bro chicken strips are ok for the street. If you want to get full lean you'll need to do that on the track.

How long have you been riding? Whatever you do dont knee drag on the street. Go to the track.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome! bro chicken strips are ok for the street. If you want to get full lean you'll need to do that on the track.

How long have you been riding? Whatever you do dont knee drag on the street. Go to the track.
Thanks brother.

Been riding for 23 years. I love track and canyons more than life itself.

The important note here is: this is my 1st 10 mile on the s1k as a new owner, on newly installed tires with 10 miles total half of it on wet, the rest mixed conditions. The chicken strips should be exactly the same others wise sag and height problem.

Street or track I like the edge of tire. Feels cozy
Hood Purple Grey Automotive tire Tints and shades

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Superbike racing Motorcycle racer

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Grille

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts