BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've been quietly on this forum since last April when I bought my 2015 S1000RR. I'm a bit of an introvert so I haven't been very vocal, but I've found this forum to be a wealth of valuable info and you guys have a lot of great ideas. Without some of your pointers I would have never scored all the mods on my bike (2D fork sensor, Attack rearsets, etc.). I noticed that a few of you frequent Calabogie and Pro6 track days. I did 4 days with them last year and got hooked, so this year I'm signed up for all of their track days :surprise:! I hope I get a chance to meet you guys in person, and somehow repay back all the great advice I've silently gotten.

Here's a few pics of my bike (and my other regular commuter Speed Triple):

And here she is when all swapped out for track days:

·
4,608 Posts
Welcome!

Which trailer hitch do you have on your BMW?

Can your car/hitch haul two bikes on a slightly bigger enclosed trailer?

I plan to run a similar setup but I need to haul 2 bikes, not 1.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Hi Folks,

I've been quietly on this forum since last April when I bought my 2015 S1000RR. I'm a bit of an introvert so I haven't been very vocal, but I've found this forum to be a wealth of valuable info and you guys have a lot of great ideas. Without some of your pointers I would have never scored all the mods on my bike (2D fork sensor, Attack rearsets, etc.). I noticed that a few of you frequent Calabogie and Pro6 track days. I did 4 days with them last year and got hooked, so this year I'm signed up for all of their track days :surprise:! I hope I get a chance to meet you guys in person, and somehow repay back all the great advice I've silently gotten.

And here she is when all swapped out for track days:

That looks great!

Details on the bodywork, and who finished it out, please.
Or did you buy already finished?

What brand of bodywork is it? Is it all one brand?

Welcome!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great!

Details on the bodywork, and who finished it out, please.
Or did you buy already finished?

What brand of bodywork is it? Is it all one brand?

Welcome!
I got the bodywork from this place in Italy:Racing Fairing Moto XP: Racing Fairing, Fiberglass Fairing, Stickers, Paint Fairing, Stickers Kit, Decal Moto, Carbon Fairing, Abs Fairing, Spare Parts,Fairing Vintage Cafè Racer, Moto GP, SBK, Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, MV Augusta, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha,

I went with the matt black painted option and they provided the decals separately. I added the decals myself (the ones i liked out of the bunch) then applied rattle can matt clear coat on top :)

The shipping was relatively fast (1 wk) to get to Toronto and they did a great job packing everything in a single box, each part individually wrapped in bubble wrap. The fit was very decent and it was only a PITA to drill/cut all the holes for the fasteners.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

Which trailer hitch do you have on your BMW?

Can your car/hitch haul two bikes on a slightly bigger enclosed trailer?

I plan to run a similar setup but I need to haul 2 bikes, not 1.
The only hitch I could find for the E60 BMW was the CURT Trailer Hitch #11498. Unfortunately this only fits the standard E60's with the regular bumpers, so if you have any sport package then there's nothing I could find in North America. Westfalia has some options (out of Germany) but they are insanely expensive!. I wanted something to fit on my 550i but had to give up and convince my wife to give up her car for my track days :grin2:

As for the trailer, the car & transmission are actually rated to pull a much larger load. In Europe E60's are towing crazy things with no issues. However with the Curt hitch the main issue is the tongue weight it can handle (200lbs). The trailer I got was the Stinger (http://www.stingertrailer.com/. What I love about it is that it literally folds up into a 4ft x 4ft footprint, which is great for fitting in my garage. They just released a two motorcycle model that may work for you.

They're a bit pricey, but they had a discount at the Toronto Motorcycle Show that I took advantage of. I'm assuming they'd give a similar discount (15%) if you ask. They're built in Cambridge, Ontario and the build quality is very good to be honest.

Hope this helps

·
4,608 Posts
Thanks for the details! Lucky your wife let you take her car.

I have an e92 M3 with competition package.

I called http://www.invisihitch.com/ and they said they have a hitch that fits. It's removable when not in use (receiver stays with frame under the rear bumper, just hitch ball is removable).

Curt said they have a hitch that might fit, but did not seem too sure. Any ideas on invisihitch?

I'll check on 2 bike trailer you mentioned.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome aboard! I will be doing Calabogie for the first time this year, definitely looking forward to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard! I will be doing Calabogie for the first time this year, definitely looking forward to it.

Hi @Mina. I look forward to meeting you at Calabogie. I'll be there for all the Sat/Sun days they're holding this year.

Are you going to use your new SC project exhaust there? The reason I ask is that Calabogie is really anal about the noise limits and I've seen them reject a few riders that exceeded the 95dBm limit :(.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the details! Lucky your wife let you take her car.

I have an e92 M3 with competition package.

I called http://www.invisihitch.com/ and they said they have a hitch that fits. It's removable when not in use (receiver stays with frame under the rear bumper, just hitch ball is removable).

Curt said they have a hitch that might fit, but did not seem too sure. Any ideas on invisihitch?

I'll check on 2 bike trailer you mentioned.

I was actually looking at the invisihitch as well, mainly because it had a lot of positive reviews on the bimmer forums. Unfortunately they don't have a version for the E60. Everyone online swears by them so I don't think you'd go wrong getting one. Just double check the max tongue weight as it still might limit your trailer options.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi @Mina. I look forward to meeting you at Calabogie. I'll be there for all the Sat/Sun days they're holding this year.

Are you going to use your new SC project exhaust there? The reason I ask is that Calabogie is really anal about the noise limits and I've seen them reject a few riders that exceeded the 95dBm limit :(.
Yeah, I'm aware of the sound limit. I will bring my long Akrapovic can with me. My race bike also has the long pipe so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Pro6 is the only organizer for Calabogie events. I do a lot of the Rider's Choice days at SMP and Mosport.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pro6 is also holding 2 track days on Aug 16/17 at Mosport on the large track. The Ducati Owners Club also host a great track day weekend at Mosport on May 28/29th. I'll be at both if anyone wants to join :D

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Welcome Hesh! I am hoping to get a couple of track days, not sure if I can do bogie this year, but hopefully some closer ones!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pro6 is the only organizer for Calabogie events. I do a lot of the Rider's Choice days at SMP and Mosport.
Cool, just went to their site and looking at the dates. I should be back in Canada by then so should be good. Now the question is, one day or two days :)

Here's to early spring!

btw, anyone else got raped by Statefarm in their renewal? Mine went from 1400 year to 3800. Useless.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Will see you at Mosport / Shannonville & boggie this year.

I allways say the track is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Black 2014 S1000rr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts