BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well put on the heli bars $799.00 Australian fitted and i have to say i am very pleased. certainly takes the pressure off the wrists and back, so thankyou to everyone who said it was worth doing as i definitely agree馃榾

Registered
Had helibars on my 2015 but didn't find riding much more comfortable, so I took them off and sold them. They are great quality though and look stock.

Registered
I have had helibars on my 2018 for 4 years. They completely transformed the riding experience and made the bike much more enjoyable to ride. NO problems at all as a result.

Premium Member
Helibars are an interesting mod. Some love them, some are indifferent, some hate them.

One of the few physical mods with such varied reactions.

Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
I have helibars on my k67 and like them. Not a big difference as the OEM are higher than typical. I also have evotech bar ends. No issues with wobble and have ridden on track several times like this with 140-150 top speeds on a straight away. I had them on my Daytona 675 and the improvement was big and again no wobble issue.

Registered
2020 S1000RR
I have helibars on my K67. Installed after having other clip-ons. The others ended up adding a couple of inches in overall width. The helibars are effectively same width as OEM. I have R&G bar ends. I have not noticed any wobble at any speeds.

Registered
I've had Heli's on my 2017 RR since day 1. Now have 22,000 miles on the bike and they make 200-300 miles in the mountains a piece of cake for this "old guy". If I were 20 years old, those stock bars probably would be "OK", but for older lower backs, Heli's are a blessing.

As for the "wobble" experienced by one poster, I had something similar occur when I had my dealer install Heli's on a '14 HP4...had them removed, but later suspected that the tech didn't torque the steering head properly during installation. Never had the issue with any other Heli install, so...?

Registered
That's impressive flyryder! Mind sharing what seat you use on those 200+ mile rides?
I've always had the stock seat. Tried the so-called "comfort seat" and disliked it. Stock seat is firm, but it doesn't bother me, though with stock bars I was always being pushed into the gas tank, which WAS uncomfortable; Heli bars helped that a lot. Only other "ride mod" I have for comfort is the BMW tall tinted windscreen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts