BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 hp4 - Wrecked bike at drag strip but exhaust seemed fine. The timing chain popped off when I was replacing the cover so I took engine to dealer and had them set the timing (engine out of bike). Now that I got bike back together, when I downshift or rev engine high, the exhaust comes completely out of the engine.
I replaced the gaskets, and looked at the diagram over and over. I’ am 99% sure I have the exhaust installed correctly.
My question is, would the timing being off create more than normal back pressure? Would the bike even run if the timing was off? The headers were very hard to fit, like they may be tweaked a little, but during installation I made sure they were seated all the way with all springs attached.
One more question, the exhaust slides in the flange after they are on the bike and the only thing really holding it in is the spring pressure correct?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
251 Posts
2013 hp4 - Wrecked bike at drag strip but exhaust seemed fine. The timing chain popped off when I was replacing the cover so I took engine to dealer and had them set the timing (engine out of bike). Now that I got bike back together, when I downshift or rev engine high, the exhaust comes completely out of the engine.
I replaced the gaskets, and looked at the diagram over and over. I’ am 99% sure I have the exhaust installed correctly.
My question is, would the timing being off create more than normal back pressure? Would the bike even run if the timing was off? The headers were very hard to fit, like they may be tweaked a little, but during installation I made sure they were seated all the way with all springs attached.
One more question, the exhaust slides in the flange after they are on the bike and the only thing really holding it in is the spring pressure correct?

Thank you very much
Are the springs stretched out? I had this happen to me a few times but only because the springs were stretched out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts