BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 12 rr with almost 30k very hard miles thinking about make a road course bike ,but the guys i ride streets with we do alot of highway racing but i love to corner also buying another rr seems to defeat the purpose. I weigh 220 6'5 half these guys weigh 140 I'm losing to a 07 r1 and 13 gixxer with 130lbs riders ,i think if i get rr still be in same situation no matter what mod i add has anyone rode both for extended time? I love rrr's but tired of losing on these straight aways grrrr . My buddy has 16 rr every mod alpha flash carbon wheels full arrow he weighs 180 and barely beats them https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/a64c8082e1e3323cdadc6d6026451ad7.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I currently have a 12 rr with almost 30k very hard miles thinking about make a road course bike ,but the guys i ride streets with we do alot of highway racing but i love to corner also buying another rr seems to defeat the purpose. I weigh 220 6'5 half these guys weigh 140 I'm losing to a 07 r1 and 13 gixxer with 130lbs riders ,i think if i get rr still be in same situation no matter what mod i add has anyone rode both for extended time? I love rrr's but tired of losing on these straight aways grrrr . My buddy has 16 rr every mod alpha flash carbon wheels full arrow he weighs 180 and barely beats them https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/a64c8082e1e3323cdadc6d6026451ad7.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

I have both, a 2012 s1000rr with 37k miles and lots of goodies and a 2016 H2 that i bought new in Feb 17 and now have 8.2k miles.

Keep the s1000rr for the track and hard cornering, the H2 is what you need for everything else.

It is decent in corners but no s1000rr, but for the highway and fast sweepers it is great .... just get the Brock stage 2 package.

·
Registered
73 Posts

You have to face the facts that weight matters when it comes to racing. You have to make up the difference somewhere
Weight -> Horsepower -> Aerodynamics = wins

If you have too much weight, you'll have to compensate the other two equations. Either drop 30lbs or get a turbo busa. The H2 isn't
going to be enough if they only weight 140lbs (my opinion from racing H2's with guys your size)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Trying not to be super biased as I am pissed at BMW at the moment. But **** a H2, for the type of riding I do I wouldn't be caught dead on one.

Would much rather see you on another real bike, like a RSV4 or the new CBR/GSXR/ZX10

·
Registered
322 Posts
Stop racing those feathers and get some guys in your weight-class to roll race with.

And as soon as you start beating guys roll racing up to 190 you'll be happy as a clam for about a day then, Hayabussa Effect...fast is never fast enough, eventually.

Be happy with going faster than 99% of the human race will ever go on land. I've had to come to grips with this myself. I also have an H2 weighing heavily on my brain. But, then will I want a turbo bussa? Then what? My bank account is not warming up to this idea...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Get the BMW rebuilt and turboed. H2s are crap unless you get the H2R and bolt lights to it or if you're into highway racing which requires no skill. Just get a supercharged Harley running NoS.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Have you made any performance mods? I'm running a full exh, with flash, filter, and -1. I'm 6'2 265 (on a good day) and whenever my riding buddies get to acting out of hand, the S1K quickly humbles them. Even with the weight difference.

I've put the hurting on the new GSXR-R, the R1's, and even some of the 17RR's. The older liter bikes it's just not even fun unless I put the bike in rain mode.

Reactions: Xtremsiege2

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have you made any performance mods? I'm running a full exh, with flash, filter, and -1. I'm 6'2 265 (on a good day) and whenever my riding buddies get to acting out of hand, the S1K quickly humbles them. Even with the weight difference.

I've put the hurting on the new GSXR-R, the R1's, and even some of the 17RR's. The older liter bikes it's just not even fun unless I put the bike in rain mode.

Exactly. The only time you are going to loose on an S1000RR is if you run into something sprayed or boosted--and even then, that should be a good run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually champ here in Cleveland area all that really competes on highway roll on are beemers ,couple h2's and busas other brands don't even try mostly watch so I'm usually bmw v bmw which always comes down to weight 650 is about only guy my size

·
Registered
947 Posts
Actually champ here in Cleveland area all that really competes on highway roll on are beemers ,couple h2's and busas other brands don't even try mostly watch so I'm usually bmw v bmw which always comes down to weight 650 is about only guy my size

Just a bunch of popcorn eaters?

·
Registered
332 Posts
At your weight, you are gonna need a modded H2 for sure to run with 140lber's.

H2, Brock stg 2 kit/flash, MC Cycles water cooled intercooler.

An H2 still handles great, and is a great all around bike...other then being ugly as ****.

Ofcourse a turbo busa is always an option, but it takes a lot of setup to really make them work right, and it takes MORE hp then you think to run with a modded H2 which is lighter and the power comes in quicker. The modded H2 is a simple setup and proven. You are likely going to need a 4" arm on it to make it somewhat controlable when you are making 250-260hp...

FWIW, I own/built/tuned my turbo hayabusa so....speaking from experience here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts