BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
3,760 Posts
I have. We were at Deals Gap in RobbinsVille and we rode to the local market to get food with the other guys already there. 8 of us in clothes from full leathers to jeans and tshirt walking around getting meat and potatos. Now being in RobbinsVille was not such a bad deal as that is bikers sleep area from Harleys to sportbikes. It was still funny seeing the faces of some watching us walk around in full gear.

I been to many a gas station that was combo supermarket / gas pumps and even there some dont get it. The kids will think of RoboCop seems alot when the are checking you out.

Reactions: Xtremsiege2

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Of course. What are you going to do, take them off and leave them on the bike? I usually walk into stores with ALL my gear on, including helmet.

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
119 Posts
I wear riding jeans with a-stars jacket and boots but I still get looks🤷🏻‍♀️ I forgot my face mask when I left the house recently and just kept my helmet on as a fix. Can only imagine what people thought😂

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
Of course. What are you going to do, take them off and leave them on the bike? I usually walk into stores with ALL my gear on, including helmet.
Try doing that in a gun store...would love to hear the response!...lol

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Try doing that in a gun store...would love to hear the response!...lol
:ROFLMAO: Well, usually when I go into a gun store, I'm buying enough stuff that I have to take the car, so...

You guys don't even have gun stores up there, do you? All my buddies from Toronto when they came down in the mid-'89's, had never even handled a handgun before, let alone shot one. They REALLY enjoyed me taking them to the range.

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
Really?? we even have flushing toilets! Of course we have gun stores! I own 5 handguns.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Really?? we even have flushing toilets! Of course we have gun stores! I own 5 handguns.
Interesting. At least back then, they were all astounded we could own handguns down in the US, and how easy it was to get one, and how we could just walk into the range and rent all the handguns we did for the day. Are you in Ontario? They were all from the Mississauga area.

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
I am in Central Alberta. I have owned handguns since 1981

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
At my local range, you can't even go in with a mask on...has to be off at first...enter...then put it back on...and hands not in your pockets!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
At my local range, you can't even go in with a mask on...has to be off at first...enter...then put it back on...and hands not in your pockets!
Seems like the Western areas of both the US AND Canada have more freedom than the Eastern parts...good deal.

How far from Banff are you? I REALLY want to get up there one day. Supposed to be REALLY beautiful...but I'll leave my guns at home... ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
Banff is a beautiful 3 hour ride, through some of the most stunning areas of Canada.

Reactions: Fbto and ZZZ

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Banff is a beautiful 3 hour ride, through some of the most stunning areas of Canada.
Well, if I get up there, I'll warn ya I'm coming and perhaps we can meet for a ride and beer (Moosehead, of course...) after. :) I'd probably take the KTM to do some dirt riding too.

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
252 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I only ride in full gear no matter how hot it is outside and I will stop at a grocery store sometimes to get a drink and maybe a snack. Other times I will stop at a place to eat that has outside seating. I get looked at. I've even been asked what was i trying to be as if I was in costume.... I've had kids say I look like a power ranger, robocop, etc. I just keep it moving. I take no offense to it. It's not every day people around here see someone in full gear so many don't know what to think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts